Monday, August 10, 2015

Hammertoes, Computer Issues, & The Art Of Shaming Blair

No, I do not have Hammertoes myself... thankfully, as it sounds like a painful thing to deal with. I just saw an advertisement for it on a van while driving and I was amused as that was a first for me. The other two things... I'll get to them in a moment.

This was yet another not too exciting week for me. That is OK as I realize now how old and lame I am. Monday, at least I did go to Walt Disney World, Epcot in particular. I had to renew my annual pass, which I did. I walked around there for a bit and I had dinner. Thankfully due to the rainy/overcast weather for much of the week, most of the time it wasn't too hot out, including on this day. It was nice to get some exercise.

Tuesday and Wednesday... oh boy. I had to spend a lot of time on more than one computer. I helped out multiple people. Putting Windows 10 on one computer was a task that took some time but at least it went as expected. The other case I had to deal with... I still don't quite know what happened with that person's laptop, except that I am quite confident it was not their fault. It took a lot longer than expected to fix the issue and there was a last-minute thing that creeped up but eventually I fixed it which was good as I was under a time limit to fix it before that person left for a few weeks.

Really, I am glad this past week is over with. Between those computer stresses likely adding a few more grey hairs to people treating me rudely (on the highway or in person; traffic as of late has been even worse than usual) and not only getting yelled at for trying to help someone else but I was also shamed for something... I know I am not a saint but it doesn't mean I enjoy such treatment. At least Thursday I did go out and about. The main thing I'll discuss there is that the last place I ended up was Downtown Disney/Disney Springs again, this time while the sun was still out. That place being busy, still tore up from construction and other issues... who knows when I'll return. I ate at the old familiar known as Splitsville and I was happy to do that as I do like their food, and it was more of the same on this day.

Friday through Sunday weren't too exciting. Friday I stayed at home and relaxed, and Saturday I got dinner for me and someone else, and as they dig the food from Wawa, that's where I went; we both liked our meals. Sunday, I thought I had to go out and about to get something, then I looked around at home and realized I didn't have to; that suited me fine as it meant I did not have to deal with traffic or the super busy stores that are due to it being tax-free time in Florida. I'll take advantage of that but it'll be during a weeknight.

When I return a week from today, I do have some activities planned so hopefully everything will go well.

No comments:

Post a Comment