Monday, August 31, 2015

Leningrad Dixieland, Angry Orchard Fiery Apple & Ain't That A Shame

Regarding the first part, I recently went down a rabbit hole on YouTube and stumbled upon a video of Soviet jazz, of all things. I went to Google Translate to look up the name of a track (as I don't know Cyrillic) and that was its name. The tune was as strange as you'd imagine. I'll explain the rest in a bit.

Monday, I had to go out and about to talk to someone about something. That's as detailed as I'll get in talking about what I had to do. As I was in Orlando, I also was at a few different spots. I got some items from the Trader Joe's in Winter Park and then I was at the Altamonte Mall, where I walked around then had food from Chick fil A. I'll still eat there once in a blue moon even if I strongly disagree with their views on homosexuality.

Tuesday and Wednesday I didn't do a thing so let me skip ahead to Thursday. I decided to go to Buffalo Wild Wings. I looked at their website to see what limited edition flavor they had now for wings and it was Angry Orchard Fiery Apple, which combined Angry Orchard with the popular “among the youth” Fireball Cinnamon Whisky, which is something I am glad was not around during my college days at Illinois State University. It was good.

Friday and Saturday I didn't do a thing either (aside from go to Culver's to try out the flavor of the day they had then, which was Chocolate Dream... an appropriate name) so let me skip ahead to Sunday. What I did there was return to Winter Garden Village and I not only spent time in a Best Buy but I also got a beverage from Planet Smoothie. While in there they did not play the usual modern crap music I never listen to-and needless to say I did not watch the ratchet clownshow that was the MTV awards show on this night for a format they rarely show on their toilet bowl of a channel-and instead it was JUDAS PRIEST then a song I decided to listen to on YouTube a few days prior as I hadn't heard it in ages, the Cheap Trick version of Ain't That A Shame. Both that and the Fats Domino original are pretty great to me. Anyhow, with the wretched traffic I dealt with the times I was out, I was fine with not going out more.

I should mention with there only being a few months left of this year that I really don't know my plans yet when it comes to the small time college football games I'll be seeing (except that I'll attend at least one). Also, in the latter part of December there are several interesting events I could go to but that is up in the air as while not confirmed yet I presume I'll be going up to Kansas again around the time of Christmas to see family. Depending on what days I'll be gone will determine what I'll do at the end of the year. Among the things I could do are the UFC on Fox show in Orlando (only because the card looks nice; I still have a beef with that organization) and out of all the times the Bears game in Tampa Bay could be, it's at the very end of the year. Figures.

When I return a week from today, I am not quite sure what I'll be writing about... for the most part.

No comments:

Post a Comment