Monday, February 9, 2015

Smashburger, Improbable Car Wrecks & Unreliable Floridians

No, the car wreck did not involve me. Rather, one day as I was leaving the neighborhood I live in and without going into too much detail about it, a vehicle crashed into a tree in front of the entrance and unless it was “a medical emergency” I really don't know how it could have happened. I don't know what's worse, the medical explanation or the idea that it happened because the driver was really stupid and likely not paying attention.

As for the past week, it was again something that usually wasn't too exciting. I am getting pretty dull in my old age! Monday I did do something, though. I went to Walt Disney World, Hollywood Studios in particular. I walked around, went on a ride or two and had dinner there at a quick eats place. It was a decent way to spend a Monday. Tuesday, let me spend this time to mention something that happened to people I know. Once again it's unreliable Floridians. In this case, it had to deal with an “annual inspection” and someone was scheduled to come over but he wasn't on the actual schedule so it happened the next day. It ended up fine but imagine if they had to miss multiple days of work or otherwise had a negative impact on their schedule... it's really dumbfounding how incompetent Floridians typically are.

Wednesday, I went out with someone for dinner and as we hadn't been to a Red Robin in months, why not go there? It was a fine decision as we both enjoyed our meal. Thursday and Friday I did not do a thing except relax. So, let me mention that Saturday I did go out and about, and it was to Orlando. The last time I was on the east part of town I drove past a place I had eaten at once before and it was alright but they closed down and now there is Smashburger, a joint I had only eaten at once before and it was when I was up in Jacksonville the only time I saw an NFL game live, between the Jaguars and the Chargers. The Bears are playing at the Bucs this fall and as I actually haven't seen Chicago play live before I am not turning down the chance to do that.

Anyhow, I ate at Smashburger after stopping at a nearby Barnes & Noble then a Total Wine & More, where I did purchase some beverages for myself. The food I had was tasty, along with the Nutter Butter shake I had. Yes, Nutter Butter. Sunday was another day of doing nothing. I certainly didn't watch the Grammy's as I've known for years that they do not accurately represent the best music of the year and really, they've never been accurate in giving out awards. Then again it's more “a series of performances” rather than actually handing out awards which is extraordinarily stupid. I didn't watch The Walking Dead either as I really don't watch too much fictional television at all and what I've heard of that show, it sounds terrible! I apologize for sounding like a snob but that's honestly how I feel.

When I return a week from today I'll hope to have a more interesting week.

No comments:

Post a Comment