Monday, February 16, 2015

Red Lobster Cheesy Biscuits, Toby Keith's Restaurant & Not Much Else

This may be the shortest blog post I've ever done, or at least one of the shortest. Things were just dull. I could bitch and moan about how someone I know received a monthly bill in the mail a few days after it was due (they thankfully paid it in person beforehand) but I complain enough about Florida and Floridians so I won't. Besides, I'll have to be doing that in a bit anyhow.

Here's a recap of what I did this past week. Last Monday was the birthday of someone I know and she wanted to go to Red Lobster, which was fine by me as the neither of us had been there in a long while. The food we had was fine. I heard beforehand they modified their menu and it was true. I don't really eat seafood but I still found food to eat, including their famous cheesy biscuits. Tuesday, that was not a good day. I don't even want to get into it except that I have more places I know I never will visit again. That list of establishments down here in Florida is of course more extensive than it should be. I'll just move on and forget all about that day.

Wednesday I did not do a thing and Thursday the only thing I did was go and get a much-needed haircut (thankfully this time no one there yelled at me about not getting a haircut sooner) so let me skip ahead to Friday. For awhile now I've known that Toby Keith's I Love This Bar & Grille restaurant was going to open at what now is known as Artegon, but it wasn't until about a week ago that it happened. 

I am not a listener of current country music so that's not the reason why I went there: I was just curious as to the aesthetic and if their food was any good. The food was what you'd expect in terms of what they offered and it did taste fine. The music they played, well I did not recognize any of it... I was lucky if I knew who the artists were. I was amused that just about all the songs were about-in various combinations-drinking, wanting to get drink, loving your girl, loving someone else's girl, etc. I do know that Keith has gotten flack for writing some jingoistic songs but at the same time he's done a lot for American troops so I can't really bash him too hard. After that I drove to the nearby Mall at Millenia where I walked around for a bit.

Saturday and Sunday, I just didn't feel like doing anything. I didn't really watch the UFC event on TV as like many people I am dismayed with how as of late some high profile guys have gotten busted for performance-enhancing drugs and I wonder just how dirty the sport is now. I do know that at least the next time I post (on the 23rd) it'll be more interesting. After all, it'll include the day of my birth, and I hope to do an interesting thing or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment