Monday, January 5, 2015

Rex Attitude, Peppermint Bark Beer, & Eating More Chicken

I had some interesting experiences as I closed out 2014 and started 2015. The last days of the year I did not do much at all. I went out and got fast food but I don't need to spend any time talking about that. So, I'll skip ahead to New Year's Eve where I did... nothing. I am OK with that, though, as I rarely have ever done anything on that day anyhow. As someone I know recently said, NYE is “a night for amateurs anyhow”, and I tend to agree. Staying at home was fine with me.

Thursday was definitely more interesting. The action started in the afternoon when I walked around the neighborhood. Out of nowhere some random kid I've never seen before in the back of a vehicle yells at me, and it was, “Hey, you! Eat more chicken!” I swear this is true. It is clear he likes those Chick-fil-A ads. What's muddier is WHY he yelled such a thing at a random stranger.

I went with someone to the local IHOP for dinner and that went fine. I had the chicken and waffles. Back home I saw the rest of the Florida State vs. Oregon football game. For the first time ever in major college football there's a playoff, albeit only with four teams. I just mentioned what the first one is (Oregon won in a blowout) and I actually went out and about to watch the second game, which was Ohio State vs. Alabama. The Buckeyes won in an upset in a more competitive game so on the 12th is Oregon vs. Ohio State and I'll go somewhere to see that too. I wasn't sure at first about the crowd there at the two places I went to in order to watch the game (more on that in a bit) but they ended up being fine. People being yelling meatheads or loudly clapping as if you're actually at the stadium... it was hardly an issue.

First, I went to the World of Beer, because I felt like going there. Among the alcoholic beverages I had there was peppermint bark beer; seeing that on the menu just about literally made me lol, as it just sounds preposterous for a beer flavor. It's from Two Brothers brewery out of Illinois. It tastes exactly like you think it would. I also had something from the Yeastie Boys brewery out of New Zealand. The name itself is tremendous but listen to what they call one of their brews: Rex Attitude! That sounds like the protagonist to an obscure 80's action film. A T-rex is on the label so there's the joke. The nice bartender lady did give me the warning that the beer has a very strong smoke flavor and she was correct. As the place closed down at midnight and the game wasn't finished I went on over to the nearby Buffalo Wild Wings to see the rest of it.

Friday I didn't do anything so onto Saturday. There was a UFC pay per view, but once again you could see it in movie theatres. I decided to try out one on the east side of Orlando and that went fine. The crowd was like 40 or 50 people at most and yet that's the most that I had seen at one of those deals throughout the years. Once I got back home I saw that many people online thought the show was bad aside from the great main event. I did not quite understand that. I thought it was fun and interesting throughout. The main event was great and I was glad to see it on a giant screen. Sunday, the only thing I did was go to Winter Garden Village. I had to stop in a store there for a minor matter. I had to talk to someone about something and I am not 100% sure I was told the right answer but honestly, in Florida I am used to people not being reliable or correct. At least I got a late lunch from the nearby Five Guys and while the entire area was ridiculously busy the food was still tasty.

I will return a week from today and I do have some things in mind as to what I'll be doing and what I'll be talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment