Monday, January 26, 2015

Blackhat, Mecum Auctions, & Cinnamon Toast Coladas

Here's the recap of what was really an up and down week. Monday I did not do a thing, as I'd be out and about on Tuesday; I ended up being out and about on Tuesday and Wednesday. I won't talk much about Tuesday as it was just a pretty bad day all around. I don't want to whine and complain about it as it could be a turn-off so on this occasion I won't. While it was nice to visit some places I haven't visited in awhile (including a restaurant) it was a crappy Tuesday, despite some decent moments. I had to deal with some dumb/rude people and it was part of a day where no one major bad thing happened but it was too many little things that went bad which soured things.

Wednesday was decidedly a better day. Someone I know had a hook-up for a complimentary ticket to the Mecum Auction that is in Kissimmee. It is an auto auction that has shows all across the country throughout the year where they sell like a few thousand cars per show. I had never been to it before so I was not fully sure what to expect. There were hundreds of cars outside (or covered via massive tents) that either were about to be sold later or were still on sale as the highest bid was not high enough. It was interesting to look at a mix of cars, from old muscle cars to newer luxury cars with a lot of horsepower, with random oddities along the way. As should be evident, I had to do a lot of walking on this day. I also went in the building and saw some hot auction action.

After the auction (which I was glad I was able to go to; I even got a shirt as a souvenir) I had to go to what will soon be Disney Springs as I had to visit one of the Guest Relations they have in order to settle something online that was broken for who knows what reason and at least that matter did get fixed. I won't get into talking about how stupid I think it is that Disney now has not only the Magic Band wrist band thing but also such things as the Fast Pass+ and I HATE all those changes they made. Again I'd like to be positive. I ate at Splitsville as I hadn't been in there for awhile. I had my usual of a burger & fries and the alcoholic drink I had there was new, a pina colada with a splash of the “college drink” of Fireball Cinnamon Whisky added and it's known as Cinnamon Toast Colada; it was good!

Thursday I didn't do anything except rest from all the walking around I did Tuesday and Wednesday. So, let me mention something I have to be negative about: I have stated before that Floridians in general aren't the most reliable people. That is unfortunately true for the typical working man, such as (to list random examples) those that mow lawns, fix something in your house, etc. What happened to some people I know is that they purchased a new refrigerator and they had to wait for it to be ordered and then delivered; they were supposed to call to say what exact time the delivery would happen and of course they didn't. So they had to scramble to clear the old fridge and it's just a rude thing to do, having to rush things like that.

Friday I didn't do anything either; as I doubt anyone wants to hear about me cleaning my room, I'll spare you those details. Saturday... more of the same. I still worked on cleaning my room and in the evening I saw parts of the UFC show on TV, which was fine. Sunday was the day where I finally did something of note. In the evening, I went and saw Blackhat, a film I was still interested in despite coming across real mixed reviews. While it has some flaws it was something I did enjoy watching. Maybe the lowered expectations helped but it wasn't anything I hated; I was always interested in the globetrotting adventure, even if it was ridiculous at times.

When I return next week I already pretty much know what I'll be talking about in terms of activities. It should be good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment