Monday, January 19, 2015

Barleywine, Smoldering Santa Fe & Mint Oreo Shakes

Yeah, another “meh” week from me. At least there's some unique tidbits to share.

Monday night I went out to see the major college football national championship, which is always a big deal. I first tried World of Beer. Well, some goofy trivia contest was going on so I couldn't even hear the audio from the game. Plus, some annoying people were around so I only had one drink there before leaving and heading on over to the nearby Buffalo Wild Wings. The drink I had was barleywine as I never had it before. It's alright but to me its main appeal is its 8 to 12 percent alcohol content. Things were more traditional at BWW and besides having both Smirnoff Ice and Miller High Life for the first time in years-I remembered that High Life isn't so great-I also had their boneless buffalo wings, with the limited edition Smoldering Santa Fe flavor, which actually tasted better and weren't as spicy as I had anticipated. As for the game, in hindsight I should have expected the result to be what it was. It wasn't the most competitive but alas...

Tuesday I didn't do a thing but Wednesday I had to go to the dentist. It was just a simple filling and I won't be back there until the summer. After I left there, though, another bad thing arose: yet another driver appeared who I almost called 911 on! Already. I got to see who it was and it wasn't a young punk but a woman who appeared to be in her 40's, and in an SUV. She drove like a maniac, constantly weaving in and out of traffic. I don't know if she was just that awful of a driver, if she was drunk, high on drugs, having a medical episode or what. I hope that someone did call the cops on her before a tragedy happened.

Nothing happened on Thursday, so let me skip ahead to Friday. I had more than one option from that point until now. I decided to be lower-key and all I did was drive on down to Lakeland to visit a few stores and eat dinner at a restaurant I've always marked out for, that being PDQ. The food was tasty, as I expected. Their limited edition mint Oreo shake was as good as you'd think it would be. Among the highlights of the stores I visited was getting soda at Rocket Fizz and eating a cupcake from a chain known as Smallcakes. The drive there and back was uneventful, thankfully.

My weekend was even more low-key. The only exciting things I did was get gas, pick up some items at Walmart to assist me in cleaning my bedroom, and get sandwiches at Wawa for me and someone I know. I do have to mention that when I heard there was a shooting at the big mall in Melbourne, Florida, I was shocked. It's a place I've been to a few times before, including just a few months ago. What a sad situation it was, a domestic dispute ending like that. Concerning the Sunday football games, I did not pay too much attention to either. The first one was pretty bad until there was a pretty incredible ending and the other was a blowout most of the time. Otherwise 

When I return a week from today, I know I'll be doing a thing or two out of the ordinary so that will give me something exciting to talk about.

No comments:

Post a Comment