Monday, December 15, 2014

The Blog Where I Met People Calling Themselves Rocky and Mayo

Unfortunately this is yet another brief blog from me. Those are the breaks. Last Monday, I went out and about and sad to say it was a dreary cold rainy day. Still, I pushed on. It was of absolute zero shock to me that I saw the aftermath of a 2 car car crash on the way back. I went to Trader Joe's to pick up a few items and ate at BurgerFi as I hadn't eaten there in too long and I do like their burger & fries.

Tuesday, I went to the local library and that was as thrilling as the day got. Wednesday, I didn't do anything but Thursday I went to Walmart in order to pick up some miscellaneous items, such as soda. I know that I am boring now but that's how things have turned out. At least I can announce that on the 22nd I'll once again be out in Kansas for the holidays, getting to hang out with family and getting to see my twin nephews again will be quite great also.

Friday, I finally did something a little more interesting; I had to deal with some brutally bad traffic and some real rude drivers but it's Florida so that is expected. At least I went to a particular location I hadn't been at before: the World of Beer in Dr. Phillips; I'll always laugh at the wacky name of the town. I also laughed at the wacky name of the lady bartender that served me, as she wanted me to call her Rocky. I decided to have dinner there and as it's me I had the burger and fries, which were good. The beers I had were:

Beerlao Lager: I thought it was wacky to drink beer from Laos. It was fine.

As it was in the limited release section I decided to try out a brew from Lexington Brewing in Kentucky and it was known as Kentucky Honey Barrel Brown Ale. I did not know what to expect but it was actually good.

Also good was Hitachino Nest XH, a darker ale from Japan. I don't know if I've gotten older and more mature or what but my beer tastes are more varied than they used to be and I am glad it's the case. If you can find both beers (likely only at a place like World of Beer) I say they are worth a shot. My time at the joint was fine. Sure, I could have done without the creepy weird customers around, but alas; I tried to ignore them the best I could and while most of the jukebox music was newer tunes I did not even recognize at all at least they played some older ditties once in awhile.

Saturday and Sunday were more lazy days for me. At least on Saturday night I was able to watch parts of the UFC show that was free on TV (it was fine) and Sunday I went to the grocery store king in Florida known as Publix to get their sandwiches as they are a cult favorite around these parts, for good reason. So it made for a nice meal. Hilariously, there was a guy working there who must have a first name he hates if what he put on his nametag was MAYO. Yes.

Because of my trip and how I am leaving real early on the 22nd, I'll actually post my next blog primetime on Sunday the 21st; I know I'll talk about a few things, such as two Chicago Bears games and going out to see at least one movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment