Sunday, December 21, 2014

The Blog Of Activities I Did Before Going On Vacation

As I mentioned last time, the reason why this is a special primetime Sunday night post is that real early Monday morning I am leaving and I'll be out of town for almost a week. When I return on the 29th I'll give all the important details about the trip. So for now, a real short blog as this past week was even less exciting for me than usual.

Once again this isn't the most exciting blog but I am alright with that. This past Monday the only thing I did was return to the library to drop off what I got the week before... oh yeah, and there was also the Chicago Bears game against the New Orleans Saints. The Saints aren't a great team themselves but they handily defeated the pathetic Bears. I don't even know what else to say besides that.

Onto Tuesday, where me and someone I know went to a new restaurant that opened only a few miles from where I live, and yet that chain I had been to a number of times in the past: the Texas Roadhouse. As it had only been open a few days at the time, it was still rather popular; thankfully the service was speedy considering the crowd and the food tasted pretty good; I had my “almost always” of a burger and fries, naturally.

Wednesday and Thursday I didn't do a damn thing of note. So, onto Friday, where I thought of going out and about and having a little day trip; but, due to various reasons-including wanting to rest and make sure I am ready for the upcoming trip-I did not actually do that. However, I can at least say I have now had one of the new pizzas that Pizza Hut has introduced; it was their pretzel crust pizza in particular and yes, it was quite tasty.

Saturday I didn't do a thing so Sunday, Sunday, Sunday... I did go somewhere, mainly to have lunch and watching NFL games was a side effect of that. The Bears played against the Detroit Lions and while Chicago lost by only a few points and somehow did well with a terrible backup quarterback even worse than the star quarterback that's been awful as of late and was humiliatingly benched for this game... yet the close score was mainly due to Detroit playing poorly themselves and also, some putrid officiating. At least the other games I paid attention to were a little more interesting. Oh yeah, I should mention that I saw this game at the Ale House Restaurant location in Altamonte Springs. That went fine, although I am not sure why a lady bartender there kept on talking about Cheez Whiz! True story. 

After that I stopped at a Walmart on the way back to get some last-minute items for the trip. As the trip is all about seeing family members I rarely get to see anymore, it will be good times and I definitely am looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment