Monday, December 1, 2014

Artegon, Auto Shows, Thanksgiving & Long-Awaited Returns

Due to the weather I decided I should go out and about on Monday instead of the next day, where it was all but guaranteed there would be a few inches of rain. Monday was a real nice day in the low 80's so good call on my part. 

I decided to go to a place that had a big makeover. In the past I've talked about the Festival Bay Mall a number of times; it's on the north end of I-Drive and for whatever reasons the mall was a flop and eventually it was a ghost town in there with hardly any stores open and if it wasn't for places like Bass Pro Shops and the Cinemark Theatre it would have shut down long before it did; they spent months remodeling it and now it's Artegon Marketplace, and most of it consists of booths that sell local artisan items, like paintings, other art, some food, jewelry, etc. A lot of it isn't really for me but I still hope that this new gimmick ends up working; if it doesn't I will feel bad. I did get some food items and I was fine with buying locally. After that I went down I-Drive to Twin Peaks as I do enjoy the food there. It has nothing to do with the scantily-clad women who work there... or at least that's what I'll tell myself. I had a nice dinner.

Tuesday was dull and Wednesday the only thing I did was get more paper for the printer from Staples, so let me mention that my Thanksgiving turned out fine. It was with my parents and my aunt and it was a tasty meal while we watched the Chicago Bears play at the Detroit Lions. The game went how I expected, meaning that the Bears looked bad for the most part and they lost, by the score of 34-17. That was the highlight of the day. Tomorrow was more interesting, and no I did not engage in any Black Friday shopping; I never do that as it's way too chaotic for me and I'd rather not be around buffoons who are encouraged to act like buffoons all for the sake of “a good deal”.

Instead, I did what I typically do on the day after Thanksgiving, and that is go to the Central Florida Auto Show at the Orange County Convention Center. While there aren't as many manufacturers there as in the past it's still a good time seeing many different model year '15 automobiles, including the likes of the Corvette, Mustang, Camaro, and the Charger; they even had the limited edition Hellcat Charger, which has SEVEN HUNDRED AND SEVEN horsepower; no kidding. There were several very interesting new cars there so I was quite happy to check them out.

Saturday I rested and I was OK with that considering all the walking I did the day before. So, let me talk Sunday, and I returned to an establishment for the first time since the summer, that being the World of Beer. I went to the one right in Clermont. One big change is that it used to be one of the locations that didn't serve food alongside several hundred different beers, but now it does; it made things easy for me as I was able to have dinner there (a burger and fries; of course that's what I would order) while drinking some European beers and watching some sports. The best one I had was from Iceland, of all places: Einstok White Ale. It was quite tasty and now in the future I'll have to try that brand's other beers. I tried to ignore the idiots who were around that joint. There were annoying or just loud people around and that never makes me happy. Still, I had a nice time there and the last week of November was good overall, which I am thankful for as I had some real crap days during the month.

When I return a week from today, I know I'll have a few things to talk about, although it may not be as interesting as the preceding week I had.

No comments:

Post a Comment