Monday, December 8, 2014

Natty Daddy, French Fry Heaven, Nightcrawler & Lazy Weekends

This will be another blog on the short side. That is just how it worked out.

Last Monday was pretty dull so let me skip ahead to Tuesday. On that day I had a dentist appointment; it was just a check-up and teeth cleaning. While there something quite out of the ordinary happened. I do not know who was the gift-giver but someone gave the dentist office a large cake, and they admitted they'd never be able to finish it on their own... so they asked me if I wanted a piece to bring home! At first I thought it was a joke due to the irony of that place giving me something sugary and sweet but it wasn't, so of course I accepted the offer and brought it home; it was good. The appointment went fine, also.

Wednesday I didn't do anything so let me mention that on Thursday I went with someone to the local Steak 'n Shake for dinner. The food tasted fine and I enjoyed their limited edition white chocolate shake, but I wasn't pleased by all the stupid ogre people there, especially the ones that refused to control their extremely loud kids. Sigh... and I don't even want to talk about the Bears game, except that they once again lost, although it was another loss I expected. What a crappy team they are.

Friday was another interesting day; I drove down to Lakeland to have some fun. I could have done a few things on that day and with information I found out after the fact maybe I should have done something different; I shouldn't complain though as my Friday was still a decent time. 

The only part of Lakeland I went to was the Lakeland Square Mall, which is connected with the real nice Cinemark Theatres I always enjoy going to. This time I saw Nightcrawler, as I heard a lot of strong praise for it. While the movie is very dark, it's pretty great and I rate it rather highly. Jake Gyllenhaal just looked creepy as hell and he was tremendous as the lead. After that I walked in the mall for a bit and I had dinner, which was eating fries from a joint known as French Fry Heaven; it was indeed pretty tasty. I also had food to eat once I made it back home. I also got another shake-this time peppermint bark from Haagen Dazs. Yep, it was good also.

The weekend, I didn't do a thing. Part of it was that I “did a favor” for someone so I didn't go out and about on Saturday night and I didn't see the latest UFC pay per view. In hindsight it may not have been the worst thing from what I heard... I was happy to do the favor. I just stayed in and relaxed both Saturday and Sunday. So, let me mention how during this weekend I saw an online advertisement for a new beer called Natty Daddy, a strong brew sold in a 25 ounce bottle. If it tastes the same as Natty Light and Natty Ice, I am not sure if I want to try it! I've had both way back when in my college days and the former was beer-flavored water and the latter was like liquid bread.

When I return a week from today... I hope to have more to talk about. I do have some ideas in mind, as always.

No comments:

Post a Comment