Monday, October 6, 2014

The Tales of Philly Brown, Humanoids & More Local Football

Oh, what a bad day I had  during this time period. This past Monday, I had to go to the local library to drop off those DVD's I got in the preceding week. This had to be done despite the fact that the rainy weather continued and it was pretty bad when I was out and about. I also stopped at a Walgreens for some miscellaneous items; it's no surprise that on the way back I saw the aftermath of an accident; as I've said hundreds of times online before, when it rains Florida drivers are even worse than usual. Tuesday I didn't do a thing and yeah, more rain... so onto Wednesday.

Wednesday, I had free time so I was thinking of what I wanted to do and where I wanted to eat for dinner. I decided on going to a MovieStop as I don't think I had been there in a few months. I did get some DVD's/Blu-ray discs. After that I drove on over to an open-air mall known as The Loop where I spent a short amount of  time in a Books-A-Million then I ate at BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse; giggle if you wish at the name. I do think it's amusing but they also offer up some tasty food & drink.

Thursday, due to the weather my plans changed. I don't know if it's for the best or not. Originally, I was thinking of driving down to a city to see two small colleges play. However, it looked too likely for there to be bad thunderstorm weather for me to want to be there; instead I went with Plan B, and that was see a game on this night. It was over in Melbourne and it was Florida Tech (they only started playing football last year) vs. Delta State, from Mississippi. I had a feeling it'd be a high scoring affair and competitive and it was... for the first half. The second half, Delta State opened up a can and they ended up winning 58-20. Aside from the game itself and having dinner in the local mall... not a good day overall.

The traffic there and back was a huge hassle (even worse than usual, and a decent amount of the journey was on a rural highway) and while there were plenty of people there that were fine (including some college students), there also were many awful loathsome people there, mostly the college students. They were loud, rude, and just complete buffoons all around; it's incredible how many buffoons I had to deal with throughout the day. I don't think too highly of “the youth of America” in general and this day proved that with a burning intensity.

What didn't help matters was that the town, people at the stadium and the stadium itself didn't think it was helpful to give out important information for people who weren't familiar with the city or the building. Such things as “labeling major roads in the city when you go through the intersection while on a side street” and “telling people once they get their ticket where you should sit if you have a general admission ticket” just did not happen and I was greatly aggravated by such things. No offense to the athletes of Florida Tech (I also got what pretty much was a rally towel from the school's ladies volleyball team) but I don't feel like returning to Melbourne anytime soon.

Friday and Saturday I didn't do a darn thing. The game I was going to go to originally was Webber hosting a school that started playing this year, Arizona Christian. Webber won 49-26. Sunday, I had to drop off a parent at the airport and the timing worked out to where I could do it and on the way back I would stop and watch the Chicago Bears game. I decided to do something different and I watched the game from an Ale House restaurant/bar; it was the one in Altamonte Springs.

While some people there I'd call “humanoids” they weren't too bad and my experience there was fine. The Bears game wasn't fine; they played like crap again and they lost again, this time to the Carolina Panthers; while I think it's incredible the Panthers have a player named Philly Brown, I did not enjoy the game and I still have a dim view of the National Football League. Yet, the people there at the joint were at least fine, the service was quite good, I was able to have a nice lunch/drink some pumpkin-flavored beer, and it certainly was better there than having to drive on the highway. Cripes, in the last week or so I've had to use my horn an absurd amount of times and it was real bad yesterday.

Anyhow, when I return next Monday I know it won't be as eventful a blog but that's alright. I'll find something to talk about.

No comments:

Post a Comment