Monday, October 20, 2014

Surge, Moe's, Chipotle, The Guest & Fat Bearded 300 Pound Wrestling Fans

The “fat bearded 300 pound wrestling fans” thing relates to someone I know who is a fan of pro wrestling and yet doesn't like most pro wrestling fans. He often uses that phrase or something similar. Well, last Monday night I was somewhere (more on that in a bit) and I actually saw someone wearing a late 90's pro wrestling shirt (it was of the NWO, to be exact) and I was amused and shocked to see such a thing. My pal will be exactly 0% surprised to hear that shirt-wearer is in fact “a fat bearded 300 pound wrestling fan”.

What an up and down week I had. This past Monday I went to Downtown Disney; it's a place I don't visit as frequently anymore due to all the construction that's going on there; it makes things more crowded for the time being and that whole area is tore up. Yet, I had to go there as the AMC Theatres there was the closest place that was showing a film called The Guest; it's from the same people that did the horror film You're Next. The Guest is best described as a psychological thriller and it's about a dude who just got discharged from the Army and he visits a family who lost their son during combat and he says he was pals with him. That's all I'll say. It's great. It's a very interesting plot, it gets pretty bloody and it's so stylish. I am glad I am one of the few who got to see it on the big screen; most will have to wait until video on demand or disc but I give it my highest recommendations.

Tuesday, I returned to Winter Garden Village. I ate at Chipotle, went to Target to get some items, then ended up at Barnes & Noble looking for a book. They didn't have it. At least at Target I found some apple cider and I had to purchase it; it reminds me of the good old days back in Illinois when I was a kid and my mom & my sisters went to the local apple orchard each fall and it was always a great time.

What wasn't a good time was Wednesday. It was a crappy day as a matter of fact. It was not one big thing, but rather some little things, from awful traffic to what happened when I had dinner. I was on the east side of Orlando, where I went to a few stores and then I was going to eat at a Qdoba restaurant before heading on over to pick up a parent at the Orlando International Airport... the same one who I dropped off the preceding Monday. I discovered that the Qdoba changed to a Moe's, which is similar and yet I had never eaten at before. I thought about it a moment then I decided to give it a chance. That was a mistake.

I can safely say that the entire franchise is heavy on the douche vibe; thinking that you HAVE to yell at customers whenever they walk in (even if you're just welcoming them, yelling is not OK) is unacceptable. Speaking of that, the service I experienced. I won't get into it but I was not treated well and it made sure that I'll never go there again. The fact that the food wasn't so great AND once I got back home I got an upset stomach and those are further demerits against that awful franchise. I'll stick with Qdoba or Chipotle instead.

Thursday I only did one thing: on Monday I saw that on Amazon they had new cases of Surge Soda available. In the late 90's and early 2000's I sometimes had it and while I prefer Mountain Dew it's still fine; they stopped making it over a decade ago but it was literally fan demand that brought it back, but you could only get it from Amazon, so that's what I did. Thursday was the first time I had it in over 10 years. I still think that Mountain Dew is better although it's not bad by any means. As for Friday: it was another crappy day! I was still looking for that one book and I still can't find it; maybe I'll have to go to Amazon for it also. Blah. At least I found some items I did need but the traffic was brutally bad so I was happy for a lazy weekend.

Saturday I did not do a thing so the day went fine; Sunday, I wasn't sure if I had to go out to see the Bears play against the Miami Dolphins; thankfully I discovered the day before that the game would be on locally so I could watch it from home. Of course, Chicago looked rather poor so Miami kicked their ass and won 27-14. The less said about it the better; at least I didn't have to go out somewhere to watch that pitiful performance. After the game I did return to Winter Garden Village, but this time to go to Jersey Mike's Subs to get food for me and someone else. That went fine, although I could have done without the young girl throwing a temper tantrum at the same time I was trying to order.

When I return a week from today, I have an idea or two in mind for what I'll be doing. I also have a few plans that will happen farther into the future, as in November and December. No spoilers on what they will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment