Monday, October 27, 2014

The Blog Where I Purchased 50 Shades Of Grey Merchandise... But Not For Myself!

I swear, it wasn't for me.

Monday the 20th I decided to head on over to the Winter Park area. I went to the Rocket Fizz store first to get some more gourmet soda as I had run out. Then, the next and final stop was the Shake Shack restaurant, right by the Trader Joe's. Neither location was crowded so parking was actually a cinch. I had a very tasty meal at the Shake Shack then I went to Trader Joe's, where I purchased only a few items. Aside from the typical traffic, Monday was a fine day.

Tuesday was dull so I'll mention that Wednesday, I went to Walmart as I needed more Mountain Dew; I got that, then saw that the limited edition Mountain Dew Gamefuel returned, this time hyping the upcoming Call of Duty game; I've never played one of those, but as I am not a multiplayer guy at all and prefer the solo story-based mission stuff... other games out there are more for me. Anyhow, I got both flavors; one of them-lemonade-is new and it tastes like how you'd think it would. To me that's a good thing. Thursday I didn't do anything either so onto Friday.

I could have done a few different things for the weekend (and one thing was only known to me after I committed to my plans; more on that later) but what I decided on doing was going to Lakeland on Friday to visit a few spots, do nothing on Saturday then go watch the Bears on Sunday, after doing something rather wacky; I'll also get to that later. The places I went to in Lakeland included the Books-A-Million, where I finally found the book I was unsuccessful in finding the previous week. I also stopped at the Rocket Fizz store they have there to get even more gourmet soda (I'm set for the rest of the year, pretty much); so Friday was a fine day.

Of course, late on that day I finally heard that the next night there'd be an independent wrestling promotion (albeit a major one, comparatively speaking) who was having a show... in Lakeland. I had heard nothing about it beforehand, and I still follow a decent amount of local wrestlers online, and not a word from them either. That promotion definitely isn't like what they used to be but I wouldn't have minded going. But, I wasn't going to drive to Lakeland and back two days in a row; so, I stayed in on Saturday but I still had a rather unique weekend.

It started on Saturday with someone I know; she and some of her friends are fans of... 50 SHADES OF GREY. Yes. I'm only judging it by brief passages I've come across online and other people's opinions but apparently it's a poorly written series of books and it has a bad message & inaccurately portrays the BDSM scene. I've never brought it up to her, though. There's no need to. Anyhow, she noticed on Amazon a piece of jewelry related to the series (how, I have no idea) and she wanted it; she asked me all about Amazon and it was there I realized that I'd have to swallow my pride and order it for her off of my account, and get compensated for it.

Then, Sunday before I returned to the Friendly Confines bar/restaurant after weeks away from there, I had to stop at a place I've been at a few times before, Total Wine & More, as that same person had heard that they were now selling 50 Shades of Grey wine. Yes, this is a thing. If buying something related to that franchise is embarrassing, imagine doing it in person! Then, I returned to the Friendly Confines restaurant to watch the Chicago Bears game against the New England Patriots. The Bears have been pretty bad this season but this game, they really took the cake for being awful. They played so terribly I left at halftime. I ate my lunch and had some soda and I had seen enough; they were already losing 38-7 at that point. The final score was 51-23.

Another reason I didn't stay there the entire time = my fellow Bears fans. Being mad and upset over how the game went is one thing, but people whining and complaining NONSTOP from the very first play of the game = I quickly got tired of them being such whiny crybabies who needed a diaper change. The worst offender was a guy who looked like Beavis with glasses! With their next few games, it'll be awhile before I'll have to go anywhere to see them play... if I even want to go anywhere to see them play. They do not play next week, which to me is a relief.

When I return a week from today I know I'll have a few things to talk about as I already have plans for the rest of this month and next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment