Monday, October 13, 2014

Sugar Ray, BangBugs, Ebola & Guys Named Ulrick

This past week wasn't quite what I was expecting but that is OK. Extenuating circumstances got in the way.

At least this past Monday I had the free time to go to Walt Disney World, Epcot in particular. It was to check out the annual Food & Wine Festival; much of the food they offer in various booths was the same as usual; that is OK with me. At least the weather wasn't too hot there and I didn't sweat like Danny Glover in Predator 2. 

It was nice to walk around and get some exercise too. The Dole Pineapple Whip is always pretty magical, but I certainly had more than that for dinner, which was basically getting some food from random booth. Oh, and the musical act they had performing there (during these festivals they have an act from the past perform a few times a day for about a half hour each; in the past I've seen parts or all of everyone from the Village People and Hanson to Chubby Checker and .38 Special) was Sugar Ray. I felt ancient once I realized that their hit songs were from when I was a teenager and that was 15 to 20 years ago. I only listened to part of the performance.

Tuesday was dull so I'll mention that I recently got a spam e-mail from something calling themselves BangBugs; I laughed at the obvious spoof of a website known as BangBros; if you haven't heard of it before... well, I'll just say it's a site for adults.

Technically real early Wednesday morning, I had to drop off another parent at the airport. I was OK with doing this, even if it meant going to the Orlando International Airport. I stopped to have a meal at the nearby Denny's; the last time I ate at a Denny's after an airport run, I saw a young man that defines the term “white trash” getting mad at the staff and he had to be stopped by his girl from attacking them or yelling at him or whatever he was going to do. In comparison this time there was dull... thankfully. The guy who waited on me was a dude with an indeterminate Caribbean accent and I was amused that his name was Ulrick. I made my own Grand Slam Breakfast and it was tasty, especially the limited edition pumpkin pancakes.

Now, I was expecting to do more the rest of the week; unfortunately, I started to feel under the weather. Don't worry, it was nothing serious; Lord knows it wasn't Ebola! Still, aside from getting pizza from the local Papa John's and getting medicine from the local Walgreens, there's nothing to report about the rest of the week. That's just how things turned out.

In fact, instead of going out to see the Chicago Bears played I just stayed at home and watched the NFL Redzone Channel, which on Sunday switches between all the games going on to show the best moments as they're happening. Not too many highlights of the Bears game were shown, which is not a surprise. I was hoping they'd beat the Atlanta Falcons but with the way they played the past few weeks, who knew for certain. However, thankfully Chicago won 27-13. I was fine staying at home and relaxing; today I finally feel more like myself now, so that was the right move in the end.

When I return a week from today, things should be more back to normal. I already have some plans in mind for things to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment