Monday, November 3, 2014

Halloween, John Wick, Flea Markets & Chilly Weather

Here's the recap of what I've done since this past Monday. On Monday the 27th I decided to go out and about in the evening. It was to Downtown Disney to watch a movie; I didn't have to go there to check it out, but it was on their giant screen and it's nice to see films that way. With how busy it was and all the construction still going on... who knows when I'll return there. Anyhow, I saw John Wick. Besides it being a movie that sounded up my alley and all the positive reviews I've heard, there's actually a personal connection to it, in that someone I know from the online world worked on set in an uncredited PA role. The movie's indeed pretty great. It's a simple yet effective action movie done in the style of old but it is its own thing and it's one of the best 2014 movies I've seen. Needless to say I highly recommend it.

Tuesday, I went to a restaurant with someone, and it happened to be Buffalo Wild Wings. I actually hadn't been there in a long while, so I needed to rectify that. For the most part it's the same as when I was there last. I had the boneless wings and they were good. Wednesday, the only thing I did was watch the big World Series Game 7 between the San Francisco Giants and the Kansas City Royals. I have no favorites between the two but I preferred the Royals winning as them going that far was a surprise and they've been awful for most of the past 30 years, while the Giants have been much better in the same timespan. The Giants ended up winning 3-2 and I wasn't too disappointed by that as they had some great players help them win it all.

Thursday, I was thinking of returning to Epcot at Walt Disney World but I heard there'd possibly be rain in the area so I decided to wait until today, actually... I don't know about there but where I live there wasn't a drop of rain. Eh, at least I got to go to the library for a bit. Halloween, I certainly didn't dress up or go anywhere. I just stayed in and relaxed. There weren't too many trick or treaters, unfortunately. Saturday, things got more interesting.

It was on Saturday that I returned to a place I hadn't been to for over a year and that is the Flea World in Sanford. It's a huge covered but open aired flea market. I walked around and got some exercise, and I got some random DVD's. I could have done without many of the vendors blasting music to the point that the cacophony of noise just about disoriented me & gave me a headache, but then again I could have done without the absolute horrid traffic that reminded me why I only make it up to that part of Orlando & the suburbs once in awhile... anyhow, after the flea market I went to the Winghouse, as I hadn't been to that Hooters clone in a long while. The food there was alright but at least I was able to catch up on Twitter/other online activity and I warmed up; for Florida it was chilly but I know most outside of The Sunshine State won't have any sympathy for me.

Sunday, the Bears did not play as they have a bye week. With the way they played I was actually glad I didn't have to watch them play. I just stayed in and relaxed; I did enjoy the extra hour of sleep.

I know this wasn't the most exciting blog but I promise that when I return a week from today, it will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment