Monday, August 11, 2014

Hippo Size Sodas, Fufu Berries, Shake Shack & Deepsea Challenges

Hippo Size is a brand of gourmet soda I found recently and I had to pick it up; it's short and squat and what I've had tastes good. The rest of the title will be explained in due course.

This past Monday I did not do anything of note so let me skip ahead to Tuesday, where I had free time and I was wondering what to do so I decided to head on over to Downtown Disney, in order to walk around there (even if it was hotter than Hades at the time) and to see all the construction there as by 2016 it will be known as Disney Springs and have many more things to do there. Right now, that entire area is torn up and quite a few places are closed off for construction. I did walk around and as I dig the fancy bowling alley/restaurant known as Splitsville, I decided to have dinner there. I enjoyed the food (as usual) and I did have a frozen alcohol drink... but only to cool off! Other than it being busy and the heat, nothing to say about my time there.

Wednesday and Thursday I didn't do a thing, so I'll mention that once again I experienced some incredible moments of stupidity but I can't really get into what exactly I'm talking about. I am not referring to awful traffic on the highway either; I mean, that's a near-constant struggle whenever I'm driving. I just wish I didn't have to deal with such situations sometimes.

Friday, that was definitely the most interesting day of the week. I did not even know of it until the night before, but if you didn't know, a few years ago James Cameron (he's been a life-long fan of the ocean and between directing movies he goes there) went in a personal submersible and he went down like 7 miles down to the deepest part of the ocean, and they made a 3D documentary on the preparation for the trip then the trip itself. It's called Deepsea Challenge 3D. I am a nerd so I did find it interesting and I knew little about the deep dive so it was a nice way to spend a Friday. I went to the AMC in Altamonte Springs and I could have picked one of a few joints in Orlando to see it but I picked that because it fit my schedule best and I did want to go somewhere in particular after the movie.

While I had to deal with some bad traffic, I still was happy to return to Winter Park. I went to Trader Joe's to pick up a few items and then I went to a restaurant that's in the same shopping plaza. While this means that parking at Trader Joe's is even more of a hassle, I was happy that finally a Shake Shack restaurant (from the Northeast; there's three in South Florida) as I think their food and drink is great. I didn't even mind waiting in line. I had a burger, fries and a custard treat as dessert. At the time there was lightning all over. I sat outside, as they have a nice area and there's a canopy covering part of it but I sat in a rare available seat... which was not covered. I soon realized sitting there when there's lightning all around was PERHAPS an unwise decision so I wolfed down my burger, had a small amount of fries and treat, then got the heck out of there and went home and ate the rest of my meal there.

Saturday I did not do a darn thing which is OK. So, let me mention another gourmet soda I had on that day. It's from Jones Soda (known for putting out strange pops) and the one I had was something known as Fufu berry; I don't know what a fufu berry is or what that made-up flavor is supposed to be but I thought it was only alright. It is mainly a combo of raspberry and strawberry. Sunday, the only thing I did was go to a Publix supermarket to pick up a sub sandwich for dinner.

Not the most exciting week, but when I return a week from today it should be a more exciting blog; I already have several activities planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment