Monday, August 4, 2014

KFC, UFC, MLB, NFL, B&N, & E-I-E-I-O

I know, a rather odd title for me to use, one with several abbreviations, but I honestly couldn't think of a better title to use given what little happened to me in the past week. Monday the 25th, the only thing I did was go to Walmart to pick up a few items and that thankfully was an uneventful trip, even if that would have given me something to write about.

Tuesday, that was a more interesting day. I returned to Universal Studios and CityWalk. I figured I should go back to the Bread Box restaurant to have something else there. I had the turkey sandwich, which was good, and a Nutella shake, which was real good. Otherwise I did walk around there, which was good exercise.

By the way, boy did I have to deal with stupid people this week. There are reasons why I can't list all the examples which show why I feel this way but note it's true. At least I'll list one glaring example a little later.

Wednesday I did not do anything so let me skip ahead to Thursday. On that day I returned to the outdoor mall known as Winter Garden Village. I did get a beverage from Planet Smoothie but before that I went to Barnes & Noble to look for something for someone (don't worry I would get compensated), but it wasn't there.

Friday, that was a noteworthy day, in a bad way. I was able to get dinner on my own and I chose KFC, as I hadn't eaten from there in too long. The one in downtown Clermont is just not run very well and it gives off a real dirty vibe. I instead go to a location that's about a 15 minute drive south of where I live; it's just the traffic that makes me not go there often as the traffic's always bad. I figured it'd take some time as it was a Friday evening, but I swear I was there for like a half hour! A few people were ahead of me, which was alright... until those right in front of me started ordering, and it took forever because they were apparently idiots who couldn't understand something as simple as the menu displayed. Of course, I saw that the people behind me were idiots too and they also took forever to order. 

I have no idea why it took so long to prepare my order; I didn't order for 10 people like most everyone else there did; I just had a simple combo meal of chicken fingers, potato wedges and a biscuit. When people that ordered after I did got their food before me... I was not happy. Finally, I got my order and I swear I'll never go back there again; there are other KFC's I can go to where I shouldn't be treated like crap or deal with stupid/understaffed employees; dealing with stupid customers... I don't know about that.

Saturday, the only thing I did was return to Winter Garden Village, walk around, and visit a few places, including getting something for myself at Barnes & Noble. There was going to be a UFC pay per view on that night but due to reasons I won't get into, it got canceled; they say “postponed” but really, it was canceled. Speaking of sports, I did in fact notice how pretty much right after I attended the Rays game vs. the Cardinals in June, Tampa Bay suddenly started playing a lot better; yes I will take credit for that! Later this month I'll go back there, where hopefully I won't bring them a losing streak.

Sunday, I didn't do anything except for watching the first NFL preseason game of the season. It was a low-key day otherwise. As for the next blog I'll post (Monday the 11th) I do not have much on the agenda yet, but I do hope it'll be more entertaining and less drama-filled than this past week was.

No comments:

Post a Comment