Monday, March 3, 2014

The WWE Network, Movie Marathons & Bicijorimoo Jizawuo

If you're wondering what a Bicijorimoo Jizawuo is, it is the Twitter name of a spam account that sent me a message. I did not click on the link and instead I reported the guy. I'll explain the other two things.

This past Monday, the only thing of note is that I paid to get the WWE Network, which launched that day. They will eventually have a huge array of programming on there but already you can watch basically all of the pay per views from WWE, WCW and ECW. That alone makes it worth the purchase price. They only offered it in a 6 month block but I paid 60 bucks and I am fine with that. Plus, they're showing all the current pay per views as they happen, including Wrestlemania in a month's time. That also makes it worth the price, despite me not caring much for the current WWE product and not having been a regular watcher of it for years now.

Tuesday, I had free time so I went to Walt Disney World. Heh heh heh. I went to the Magic Kingdom. I walked around for a bit, went on a few attractions (including ones I hadn't been on in a long while) and I had dinner there. As this day was the birthday of legendary pro wrestler Ric Flair, I rode Space Mountain; whoo! That was a popular phrase he said in promos back in the day.

Wednesday through Friday were rather dull; Thursday night I watched a live special on the WWE Network of their minor league wrestling federation, NXT. It's based out of Winter Park so it'd take me less than an hour to drive there and see a show. One of these days I should. The event they broadcasted was nice, with one great match and another really good one.

So, let me skip ahead to Saturday. That was a different day, for sure. For the past few years, AMC Theatres have presented the Best Picture nominees during two different weekends. I've wanted to try it before but whether it be their schedule or my schedule or other circumstances, it hasn't worked out until this year. It means that on this day I saw 5 movies in a span of 12 hours. They were Nebraska, Captain Phillips, Her, American Hustle and Gravity. Only Gravity had I seen before. It as a more popular event than I expected. At least 200 other people were jammed into one of the biggest auditoriums they have there. I could have done without the D-bag MC (i.e. random theatre employee who usually sweeps the aisles and refills the popcorn machine) who was so loud and loathsome whenever he got on the mic to speak that I ended up being out of the auditorium until he got out of there. Yeah, that bad.

They gave everyone lanyards so you could go out of the theatre during the intermissions they had between each movie, to walk around, take a smoke break, or whatever else. They had an hour long dinner break, which was good and during that I went across the path to Splitsville, where I had a burger and fries dinner. It was a fun time and the audience there were fine and gave no problems, thankfully. But wow was I stiff and sore from sitting in those seats for so long.

As for the movies I saw, I really enjoyed Nebraska and Captain Phillips, I thought Her was more odd than anything else (it was too quirky for its own good, but the individual elements were for the most part at least pretty good), American Hustle I did not even think was all that good (just about all of the characters were awful people and I didn't care about them. None of them were like Leo in Wolf of Wall Street or other films about reprehensible characters that you still enjoy watching in action) and Gravity is still awesome and it's my film of 2013.

When I got back, I discovered that my laptop woudn't start up Windows 7. I'll spare you the details but after over an hour I finally got it to work. It required a System Restore but at least it did the job. From what I understand, there may have a hard drive failure in my future; I am as thrilled about that as you'd expect. At least I have a portable terabyte hard drive and now everything from the hard drive is now updated on the portable hard drive in case it should die for good soon.

Sunday, I stayed in and the only thing I did was half pay attention to the Oscars. I had them on mute while I listened to and sometimes even watched other things. Most of the winners were expected but that it is alright. I don't take that awards show too seriously anyhow, so that's why I did not pay full attention to it.

I will return next Monday. I only have an idea or two as to what I'll be doing and it won't be anything like going to Walt Disney World or seeing 12 hour movie marathons. Still, I'll find things to talk about, as I always do.

No comments:

Post a Comment