Monday, March 10, 2014

Stalingrad, Burger King Drama & Roy's Fresh Lemonade

Here's what I've done since last Monday. On that day, after I posted my blog I went to get a tank of gas and at that gas station (a 7-11) I washed the car, as it was starting to get filthy and the next day, it was getting new tires so it might as well be cleaned. After that I went to Best Buy for a bit, where I did make some random purchases. The next day the only thing that happened was that new tires were purchased and put on, and there's been no problems with that. So, onto Wednesday where some excitement did happen.

I had free time so in the afternoon I went on over to the east side of Orlando, which is a place I only get to once in awhile most of the time. I decided to see a wacky film that somehow got an IMAX 3D release. I presume most people didn't know how in the week before the 300 sequel took over the IMAX screens, Sony released a Russian film about World War II and an important battle involving Russia and Germany where all the Russian (and German) dialogue is subtitled and I saw zero advertising for it. It did about as well at the box office as you'd expect with those circumstances, especially considering what's currently going on with Russia. What crappy timing for Sony.

Anyhow, the movie is called Stalingrad and while the story was melodramatic and cliché, it was fine and the action and effects were pretty good, so I enjoyed it overall. I was expecting to be the only person in there but there were a few others. After that I ate at Qdoba and purchased a few movies for cheap at the great place known as MovieStop before heading on back home.

Thursday, in the morning a first cousin visited. He lives on the other side of the country so seeing him is a rare occasion. He was in Florida for work-related reasons so he was able to stop by for a bit. It was nice to see him. After that, the day was dull, except for a stop by Burger King for lunch. I really need to stop going to the location in downtown Clermont. I had problems there before and it continued. They screwed up my order. They fixed it, but suddenly the sight I saw and heard when I walked in made more sense. A young trashy couple were yelling at the manager over something or another and I know they called Burger King Corporate or whatever you call to complain about one of their restaurants, and I know the girl dropped a loud F bomb as they walked away. I just presumed they were dumb white trash but turns out, they may have been justified in acting that way.

Friday I didn't do a thing so onto Saturday. On that day, I decided to return to Winter Park to go to Rocket Fizz again to pick up some more gourmet sodas. That's indeed what I did and they had a 2 for 1 deal on something known as Roy's Fresh Lemonade, from Lafayette, Louisiana and it has some random middle-aged dude on the label. Wacky. I had some the night before and it was good. After that I was going to eat at the neighboring BurgerFi restaurant but they literally had a line going out the door and even if I would have waited, there would have been no place for me to sit down and eat, so instead of walking around to try and find a local place to eat at (I did walk around for a bit later) that likely would have been crowded too, I went to the nearby Firehouse Subs, which at the time had no customers. Their food is fine so once in awhile I like to eat there.

I only mention it once in awhile, but it's true whenever I drive on the highways and byways of Florida: traffic always sucks! I had to deal with some particularly bad examples of that in the past week. Real idiocy, from driving way too fast to just being damn rude. It's a constant problem, believe me, even if I only mention it once in a blue moon. Speaking of vehicles, while driving around on Saturday I saw parked an Aston Martin convertible and a Lamborghini. Must be nice. I also saw on the highway a cherry red 60's Chevy Impala convertible, which looked pretty cool.

I did not do anything on Sunday so as I always say, when I return (a week from today), not a lot is on the agenda yet but I'll find things to do and talk about.

No comments:

Post a Comment