Monday, March 31, 2014

Stella Cidre, Sabotage, Chili's & Cronuts

Here's what I've done in the past week. In the last blog I mentioned the one thing I did for the day, which was go to Walmart and that was uneventful. Tuesday, in the evening I went with someone to Chili's; I know but it's in town and I am fine with their food. For whatever reasons it was real busy there. I can't explain it as I've never seen it that packed before. At least my boneless wings were good.

Wednesday, I went to Walt Disney World. Yep, I am bragging! I went to Epcot, in particular. They have their Flower & Garden Festival, so I had something to look at as I walked around. Speaking of packed, it was the same for WDW, so walking around and getting exercise was fine with me. They had several food & drink booths set up so I did take advantage of that, but none of the drinks I had were alcoholic, which may be surprising to some. I did try their croissant/donut combination, now popularly known as the cronut, although that term is now copyright by the restaurant in NYC which came up with it so that's why it wasn't called that and from looking at pictures, this one looked far different from the original version. Still, it was pretty tasty so I won't complain.

Thursday I did not do a darn thing so let me skip ahead to Friday, where I went to Lakeland. For the second time I saw a film in the Cinemark Theatres they have in town; it's real fancy and all the screens are pretty large and the sound system is nice too. The prices are pretty fair so if it was closer I'd go there more often. I saw Sabotage, as it's a new Arnold movie and I was hoping it'd be good; it wasn't!

What a dour and ugly movie, with a lot of meanness/unpleasantness and it's full of disgusting/awful characters you couldn't possibly root for, not even Arnold. It's also really graphically gory; with a movie that has a lighter tone it'd be one thing, but here it just makes things worse and I did not like it at all. At least after the film I drove to a favorite restaurant of mine, the fast food joint known as PDQ. Yep, their food is great and so are their shakes; I had the chocolate/peanut butter combination.

Saturday, I had to pick up a family member at the airport late at night; the airport in Sanford, I mean. I was able to stop at a Miller's Ale House to watch some college basketbal and kill some times before the airport. I only had alcohol, and it was Stella Cidre; it's pretty good! I got at the airport late, but the flight was late too so that was a lucky break for me.

Sunday I did not do anything, so let me mention that when I return next Monday, I know I'll be talking about Wrestlemania (it'll be free and on the WWE Network this upcoming Sunday and I am more interested if they'll have problems with many thousands of people watching the stream at the same time rather than the show itself) and the day before I'll be dropping someone off at the airport in St. Pete-Clearwater and I think I'll be spending the entire day in the Tampa Bay area, so that blog shouldn't be dull.

No comments:

Post a Comment