Monday, March 17, 2014

Godzilla, Shamrock Shakes & Banana Caramel Sweet & Stacked Hotcakes

This isn't the lengthiest blog I've ever done by any means, but that's how it turned out. This past Monday itself I did not do anything except get the Tuscan Six Cheese pizza from Papa John's, which was pretty good. Tuesday and Wednesday were more interesting. This is because both nights I went out to restaurants for dinner. As has been the case for the past few years now, a longtime friend of my mom has taken vacations to Florida from Illinois. Especially this year I don't blame her for wanting to leave a Midwest winter.

Tuesday, we decided to go to Longhorn Steakhouse, a restaurant they enjoy going to and I think it's fine too. I had my “almost always” of a burger and fries and it was a decent meal. Wednesday, they decided to go to Carrabba's for some Italian food. I haven't been there in years. That's just how it worked out. As I don't eat most Italian food, I stuck with pizza and that was fine by me. I should go there more often. I did not do anything on Thursday, so onto Friday... I went to another restaurant.

Friday, I went to Bob Evans with the “crew”. Oh, what a day this was. We decided to go there as it's real close by. Everyone enjoyed their meal. You can have breakfast food there at any time so that's what we did. I got their limited edition banana caramel sweet & stacked hotcakes. If you think it sounds delicious... it was! During the evening, I had to try and assist someone with a computer issue; unfortunately, because it was Microsoft it was more complicated than it had to be and what I wanted to do did not work. I could rant and rave about it as it did make me quite salty at the time, but ultimately I blame Microsoft for needlessly complicating something and thus likely causing problems for many people; if I had issues with it, I can only imagine what would happen with a computer novice, someone older in age who rarely even use computers... it is yet another reason to despise the awful Windows 8.

Saturday was a rather interesting day too. I went out and about, to the Altamonte Mall, as it had been some time since my last journey there. I walked around and as usual, went inside a few stores and browsed. This time I spent more time than expected inside a FYE. Yes, believe it or not FYE is still around. They actually had some pretty nice deals. Amongst the items I purchased was a box set of most of the early Godzilla films. Getting to see the Japanese originals of all of those movies... pretty sweet to me. Of course I am interested in the American Godzilla film coming out in May. From what I understand it'll be much better than that awful '98 Godzilla movie.

After that, I went up to Lake Mary. I figured that was the time to get dinner at a BurgerFi restaurant, and at a new location at that. I enjoyed eating their burger and fries, as typical. I did have their concrete shake and it was a fruit one at that; the menu never made it clear that it'd actually have pieces of the fruit in it, but even with that it was fine. I could have done without a few people who were there; not the employees, but the customers. There were some that were just off-putting and obnoxious all around.

Sunday, the only thing I did was go to McDonalds for dinner. I did have the legendary Shamrock Shakes; I know it has its haters but I think they're tasty.

I know this isn't the longest blog I have done. I also know that when I return a week from today, it'll be a more eventful and interesting blog, as I plan on doing several unique and unusual things for me, so that will give me plenty to write about.

No comments:

Post a Comment