Monday, February 24, 2014

Beat Hefti, Gainesville Adventures, Ragnarok & My Birthday

Yeah, my birthday was this past Saturday. I am 33 years old and that seems impossible to believe. This birthday wasn't as exciting as the last one but I'll get to that later. Beat Hefti refers to a Swiss bobsledder. His name is hilarious. So is the name of the American-born Russian snowboarder known as Vic Wild. That so sounds like the name of an independent professional wrestler.

Monday I did not do anything so let me talk about Tuesday. It was a different sort of day, which I was happy with. I drove all the way up to Gainesville (Florida, not the Gainsville in Georgia; that would have been a multi-day trip) to check out the Trader Joe's they have in the city. It'll likely be the only time I go to that location. I hear that sometime in the future there will be two around Orlando and that would be great. Driving that long to get to one can be a pain, especially when you have to deal with other drivers. The traffic on this day was rather horrid. I saw some really horrible driving. I won't rant and rave about it; just note it was atrocious. The first place I went to was the Trader Joe's, where I got a variety of items. I only go to one in a blue moon so it was more than a handful.

After that I drove around the University of Florida campus. It looked like a typical college campus, except rather large as it's one of the largest schools in the country. I then went to a wacky local pizza place I just heard about the night before from a website. It's known as Satchel's Pizza. It's so hippie that they make their own sodas, don't accept credit cards and they have bric-a-brac all over the place... and yet they do have Wi-Fi for guests. Go figure. They indeed have really good pizza. It was a good call to listen to that website. After that I walked around the local mall in the city before driving home. Aside from the traffic it was a pretty nice day.

Wednesday, I did not do a thing; the same goes for Friday. Thursday, the only thing I did was go to a familiar haunt, Winter Garden Village where some random things were purchased by me. So let me skip ahead to Saturday, a.k.a my 33rd birthday. That day was also Ragnarok, a.k.a an important day in Norse mythology, where the world would end before it was reborn. Thankfully that did not take place.

It wasn't as interesting as my birthday last year when I went to Ghost Bar & Lounge for the first time and randomly, 6 random ladies invited me over to hang out with them for a bit and some website took pictures of it, resulting in my current Twitter banner and my Facebook banner and profile picture. Still, it was a decent night. I went to J.C. Penney's right in town to look for a pair of new jeans. One pair I've had for like the past 7 or 8 years developed a rip... in the crotch! Insert your own jokes if you wish. I did not find anything to my liking, which is OK. I can probably wait to get a new pair (as in, wait until late in the year) as I probably have enough pairs already as it is.

After that I walked over to the nearby Buffalo Wild Wings to watch the UFC pay per view. The Fox Sports 1 fights were alright but the pay per view portion was definitely better. I had their boneless wings during the fights and the flavor was their limited edition bourbon honey mustard, which was good. For part of the time I sat by some random people, including a girl who used to work there, her boyfriend and some dude who was friends with them... and also happened to be quite drunk. Him acting like an ass was amusing at times... and annoying at other times. Without ever telling him what the day was, I got a free drink from him, which was a real nice gesture.

Sunday the weather around Central Florida wasn't the best. Thankfully right around where I lived it was alright. That is why I went out with someone for a late birthday dinner. We decided to stay in town because of the weather and I hadn't been to Beef O'Brady's in awhile so we went there. Eh... my burger order got screwed up (it was still edible), the fries weren't that great and the person I was with wasn't happy that their half rack of ribs had a huge glop of sauce put right on top of it as that isn't the best way to do it. So, it may be a long while before I return there. At least it wasn't a long drive and if the weather would have been better... but oh well.

For the upcoming week... I'll be talking about the WWE network. Yes, World Wrestling Entertainment now has an online network, appropriately known as WWE Network. I already signed up and I'll give thoughts on that next Monday along with such things as me being sad Harold Ramis passed away earlier today, and whatever I decide to do in the next 7 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment