Monday, February 10, 2014

The Winter Olympics, Colon Hydrotherapy & Surfboart

To explain the title, “surfboart” is some sort of reference to a crappy Beyonce song which I don't quite get; I mean, I've seen some of the lyrics to that atrocious tune and I don't get them either... nor Beyonce's popularity in general! I've never thought she was any good and most of her songs are no good. As for the colon hydrotherapy, there was a Groupon offer which gave a discount to giving one. Their description of it: fancy term for enema, pretty much. I think I'll pass!

Here's what I've done since last Monday. Monday itself I didn't do a darn thing, which was fine by me. The friends of my parents had left already and it was nice seeing them again. Tuesday, that's when I did something. I got a late start but I went to the area of International Drive again. This time my time there was better. I went to a Barnes & Noble and yeah, I did purchase some items from there. I then went to a restaurant I had been to a few times but the last time was months ago: O'Charley's. I had some pretty good food there... and a drink. I'll explain why in a bit I was thankful to have a drink. On the way back I briefly stopped at Winter Garden Village and I got a beverage from Planet Smoothie.

Now, in the afternoon before I left, I had to book something for a parent. I won't go into details about it but it was something where I needed to print out a confirmation for the parent; I could have done it by printing out the confirmation right after it got booked, but when it's sent by e-mail it just looks better and that's what I have always done before. Well, it usually is sent a minute right after the booking; this time it was nearly 6 hours before it was sent! I wasn't too happy about that. From now on I know not to wait for the e-mail.

Wednesday, I was going to go somewhere and experience a not so common adventure for me but to put it mildly without being too gross, I ate something which did not agree with my stomach so I decided I should just stay in town and relax. I went to a Gamestop to add money to my Microsoft account and then get 3 months of Xbox Live Gold. After that I went to the local Chick-Fil-A in town. I've only gone to those restaurants before that are part of mall food courts. This was my first time in that local restaurant in town. I only go to Chick-Fil-A once in awhile. What I had was fine.

Thursday I did not do anything and Friday I watched the wackiness and sometime surrealness of the opening ceremony of the Winter Olympic Games. What a disaster it was leading up to the games; besides the awfulness of their draconian anti-gay laws, I was able to laugh at how unprepared the area was for the start of the games. However, now that they've began it's been less embarrassing.

Saturday, it was a rainy day so I only went out once; it was to the local Walmart to pick up a few items I needed. I thought it wouldn't be busy because of the weather. Oh was I wrong! At least it wasn't too bad there aside from it being crowded. No wacky stories to tell. Sunday, I went out with a parent as that day was their birthday. We were going to go out to Longhorn Steakhouse but when we got there the place was jam-packed with people so on the spot we decided to go to the nearby Uno's. The food there was fine although I could have done without having to sit by bratty kids and a dumb parent doing a poor job of controlling them. Then again I could have done without all the awful traffic I had to deal with in the past week (where among other things, some idiot passed on a double yellow and almost hit oncoming traffic AND the guy he was passing) but alas...

Today I already did my one activity, which is why this is going up a little later than usual. I went and got a haircut. That went as expected so nothing to say there except that I really needed one and it couldn't wait one more day. I shall return a week from today and nothing is on the agenda... yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment