Monday, January 27, 2014

Star Wars, Seeing Clearly Now & LOL Justin Bieber

Here's what I've done since last Monday. It's been a quiet week but that's alright. The next blog I'll do will be more interesting. I'll be talking about watching the Super Bowl and there's also a UFC pay per view I'll go somewhere to see.

This past Monday, I got a message saying that my new glasses came in. I recently talked about how I had my eyes examined by a lady eye doctor known as Doctor Love. My prescription had to be “slightly sharpened” so I got new glasses. I picked them up and as always, it takes some time to get used to it but for the past few days I've now become used to it and yeah it is better than what I've had for a long time. Tuesday I did nothing so let me skip ahead to Wednesday.

Wednesday, me and someone I know went to a local restaurant chain that's local to the Central Florida area. It's known as Gator's Dockside and even though it was on the chilly side we still went out. I don't know about the other person but me I hadn't been to a Gator's Dockside in a few years. Back in the day I saw a handful of UFC pay per views at the place but that changed soon after the Buffalo Wild Wings opened. To me it's amazing the BWW has been around for a few years now. Anyhow, the food at Gator's was nice so I am not sure why we hadn't been there in so long. On the way back we noticed there was a chopper hovering over a location a few miles from where I live and there was a news van and fire truck screaming by. Turns out, an officer of the law had to shoot a deranged suspect pretty close to where I live.

Thursday, I decided to do something different. I drove down to a shopping center I hadn't been to before. It's in Davenport and it's south on US 27 (a road I don't like being on when I have to be on it south of where I live; I ALWAYS have traffic troubles when I am on it, always) just south of where it crosses another hellish road, Interstate 4. I drove down there and I went in a few stores. I bought some books from Books-A-Million, as that's me.

Before I get into which restaurant I drove to after the shopping plaza adventure, I have to mention that I found it hilarious how Justin Bieber got arrested (of course it had to be in Florida, too). Way back when I didn't really care about him one way or another, but when it was made clear in the past year what a horrible awful human being he was, I am glad it happened to him. However, with how he's living his life I have a feeling he's going to have a huge fall from grace and who knows how bad his life is going to end up. Oh, and I also found via “less than ethical means” a copy of the original theatrical cut of Star Wars. Yes, the film now known as Episode IV. I finally got to see it in widescreen rather than on VHS like I did when I was a kid. It's still awesome and I wish that version could get a Blu-Ray release rather than the lame alleged “improved” version with added scenes and other crap.

Anyhow, after I left that shopping plaza, I went to a Texas Roadhouse where I had a burger and fries and the food was pretty good.

Friday through Sunday wasn't exciting at all. I mean, there was a free UFC show on TV I mostly watched and one afternoon I dropped out clothing at Goodwill then picked up some printer ink. Other than that, dullsville. Like I said at least the next blog should be more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment