Monday, January 6, 2014

Capital City Applenache, Peanut Butter Press-ley, & Ryan Dirteater

Here's a recap of what I've done since I last posted, which was the afternoon of New Years Eve. I did nothing the night of NYE, which is fine by me. Wednesday, I did not do much either... until the evening. I decided to go out to a local establishment to watch the local college football team (the University of Central Florida Knights) play in literally their biggest game ever, against the Baylor Bears in a game in the Phoenix area of Arizona. That local establishment happens to be the World of Beer in Clermont. When I first got there they just finished paying a game known as Brewery Bingo, which went about as you'd expect. I watched the game and I had the following:

Woodchuck Winter Cider
Stella Artois Cidre
Widmer Brothers Brrr, an amusingly named amber/red ale
Capital City Applenache, a unique doppelbock and it actually was good

The crowd there wasn't the largest but thankfully there was little in the way of idiocy there so I was able to relax and watch the game. I then discovered that World of Beer now closes at midnight on the weeknights instead of 1AM, like it said on their website. The game wasn't finished so I went on over to the nearby Buffalo Wild Wings to see the rest, and hardly anyone was there by the time I showed up. But hey, UCF actually won the game. That surprised many people, me included.

Thursday, my parents and I were invited up to my aunt's house; she lives in the giant retirement community known as The Villages. We had dinner up there and she likes to worry about people enjoying the food she makes, but it's always at least fine. It's usually unusual fare too, so that makes it interesting. It was a nice time up there.

Friday I did not do a thing, as for Florida it was cold. I know, not a lot of people will have sympathy given how bad and brutally cold the weather was in most of the country this past weekend and how the weather is today for many people across the country. I did not feel like going out when I don't even think the temperature reached 50 degrees. Being indoors is fine with me. So, onto Saturday; that was more interesting. I went to Winter Garden Village (the outdoor mall) for the first time in a few weeks. It was warmer out, thankfully. I walked around and went to Planet Smoothie as they have some new limited edition flavors. I had the Peanut Butter Press-ley; it was peanut butter, banana, cocoa, and some other things. It was pretty good.

Sunday, I had free time so it meant I was able to Downtown Disney and for the first time in at least a few months, I went to the fancy giant bowling alley known as Splitsville. I went there to have dinner and I also watched the NFL playoff game between the Green Bay Packers and the San Francisco 49ers. It was in Green Bay and it was extremely cold. It was like 4 degrees with a windchill of 12 below zero. I used to live in Illinois and I do remember dealing with temperatures like that... and colder. Right now in my old hometown of Belvidere, Illinois it is 13 below zero with a windchill of 35 below zero; I feel bad for all the people in the Midwest. Anyhow, the 49ers won the game which made me happy but they did some real stupid things and almost blew it.

The food I had there was pretty good and I listened to the random songs they played, both old and new. I was happy to have the SoundHound app on my iPod Touch as it made me able to ID most of the modern songs I heard, as I don't listen to Top 40 and haven't for a long time and if it wasn't for a magical app that can tell you what song is playing just from hearing a few seconds of it... I usually couldn't tell you who was the artist, let alone the song title. Anyway, late last night I was home and I was channel surfing and I came across bullriding on one of the channels. I discovered that there was a bullrider named Ryan Dirteater, which seems like the most perfect bullrider name you can possibly have. There used to be one named B.J. Kramps and that'll always make me laugh but it's hilarious due to vulgar reasons.

I'll be back a week from today now that I am back on schedule. There isn't much planned... yet. However I do have some interesting ideas for things to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment