Tuesday, December 31, 2013

The Last Blog of 2013

I know, not the most original title; it just fits best for today, the last day of 2013. I can't believe 2014 is right around the corner. This year really flew by for me. I won't give any sort of recap for what happened; there were ups and downs, everything from briefly being invited over to hang out with six ladies on my birthday when I was at a club (of course I have never seen them again), having to get a root canal, getting to see KISS for only a few bucks in a literally last minute deal, and just meeting my twin nephews for the first time. Who knows what 2014 holds for me. For now I'll talk about from the night of Christmas to yesterday.

After I posted my blog on Christmas day, the only thing I did was go out with my dad to a restaurant. We decided on IHOP, as we knew it was open, I did not want to search to see what was open, and I enjoy their food. We enjoyed our food; not to stereotype but I saw what I believe was a Jewish woman dressed up like an old biker woman. Pretty strange.

Thursday, nothing happened except that I went and saw a movie on the big screen. It was the local Epic Theatres in town. Only because it was the holidays, it was a big crowd there instead of it being barren as it usually is on a weeknight. I watched The Wolf of Wall Street as it had a nice pedigree and it's based on a true story and I trend towards the non-fiction rather than the fiction. I thought it was great although I understand why some are turned off by it. It's 3 hours exactly, first off, and it's also very profane and in your face. A lot of excess is shown, the F bomb is dropped over 500 times, there's rampant drug use and other debauchery... it's not for everyone but I and the crowd I saw it with really enjoyed it.

Friday, the only thing I did was get some fast food; otherwise I relaxed. So, let me skip ahead to Saturday. In the evening there was a UFC pay per view and it was a really big one. Of course I had to see it when there were two huge title fights. Before the pay per view it wasn't too crowded there; once the PPV started, though, it was a full house. The fights before the PPV were fine but nothing special. The pay per view itself was quality and it had several real memorable moments. If you care I know you already know what happened in the main event with a grotesque injury happening. Everyone (including me) freaked out when there were two slow motion replays of the injury happening. It was gross. I do know from this night and the last time she fought, that Ronda Rousey polarizes people. I don't care for her or her laughable “tough girl” act myself and I'd enjoy seeing a fighter defeat her.

Sunday, it was a big day of pro football. It was the last day of the regular season and the Bears were in a huge game; if they beat their hated rivals the Green Bay Packers, they make the playoffs; if they lose, then Green Bay makes the playoffs. Well, Green Bay is in the playoffs. I'd rather not talk about how they lost the game, except that Chicago did some really stupid things and that was the reason why they lost. Talk about disappointing. At least I did return to the restaurant known as Twin Peaks to check out the game; the food, drink, and “scenery” were all nice so the day wasn't a total loss.

Yesterday, I had to do “real life” stuff. In short, the bank I banked at closed their doors in the town I live in and to do business, you have to make a 20 minute plus drive to the nearest location and well, that isn't convenient. So, in a few days I'll have to try and find a new bank in town to be a part of. Like everyone else, I get mad and frustrated at how banks often close their doors, change locations, merge, etc. In the evening I got Chipotle for dinner and as usual, I got frustrated with rude/ignorant/stupid Florida drivers. Even during the holiday season that kind of crap will put a burr under my saddle, or a bee in my bonnet.

I will be back on schedule when I return Monday the 6th of January. I know that from now until then I do not have much of anything on the agenda yet. No plans for New Years Eve; then again I haven't done anything on that date in years. I'll find something to do to keep me occupied.

No comments:

Post a Comment