Monday, December 9, 2013

Notes About Hungarian Prog Rock & Harry Belafonte Dubstep

Lest you think I am making part of the title of this blog up, recently someone I know in the online world posted a status on Twitter where he mentioned he was pissed at his neighbor because he was blasting a Harry Belafonte dubstep song from his garage. That makes me laugh and laugh, because “Harry Belafonte dubsep” actually being a thing is both preposterous and amazing... although maybe not as I actually have heard some other oldies songs dubstep remixed, such as Yakety Yak and The Duke of Earl. Really. A little later I'll explain what I'm talking about when I mention Hungarian prog rock, which is actually a thing; progressive rock happened and happens all across the world.

This past Monday I did not do a darn thing so let me skip ahead to Tuesday. I had free time so at first I went to the Barnes & Noble close by International Drive just to roam around. I did make a purchase then. After that I returned to the Brickhouse Tavern & Tap, a nice joint I hadn't been to in a long while. I had a random local beer there and ate chicken & waffles. The lady bartenders there were rather... interesting, but they treated me nice, so I can't carp, even if I wish one of them wouldn't have yelled for no reason so often.

Wednesday was dull so onto Thursday. I went on a different adventure in order to look for an item for someone. I'll be vague as who knows who reads this. It involved me going to Total Wine & More, a joint I've been to a few times but again, I hadn't been there in awhile. I looked around for something but it wasn't there, unfortunately. I'll have to go somewhere else in the upcoming week to locate it. It doesn't mean I didn't purchase items for myself, though.

After that I ended up at the Oviedo Mall... yeah, I hadn't been there in awhile because it's a ways away from where I live in Clermont and really, not a lot is there now anyhow. I decided to attend their cinema in order to watch Homefront. Sure it isn't the best movie but I still thought it was entertaining and when Jason Statham started kicking ass it was great. After that I ate at some local place that was in the food court; I had my almost always of a burger and fries and what an odd place to discover the Nelson Mandela news; they had some TV there, you see. It wasn't a shock due to his bad health as of late; it was still sad.

Friday, I did nothing except watch the free UFC show on TV, which was shown live from Austraia, where it was Saturday morning there. That is a country I would love to visit one of these years, even if it takes a lot of plane time to get there. That show was memorable for a free event and it had a surprisingly awesome main event. Saturday, I got myself a Burger King lunch and that was it for excitement... until the evening when I looked up a pretty obscure album on YouTube and I went down the rabbit hole of discovering that all sorts of super-obscure albums and songs from the 70's are on there; I mean, acts that even I hadn't heard of before. That includes acts in countries that were Communist way back when. That includes fusion jazz from Czechoslovakia and prog rock from Hungary (I'll namedrop the acts Skorpio and Locomotiv GT... even if it makes me sound like a hipster, which is not something I want to be for the most part). At least it kept me entertained.

Sunday I stayed at home because the Bears don't play this week until tonight. The early set of games on this day... pretty incredible for the number of wacky plays and awesome finishes, and many were in pretty crappy weather; thank heavens Florida is seemingly the only place in the country where the weather isn't awful. I might as well mention now that I may have to experience those crappy conditions soon, as for the Christmas season me and my parents will be visiting Wichita, Kansas to visit my sister, her husband and finally I'll be able to see my twin nephews in person. Yeah, pictures will be taken and once I get back I'll post them online for anyone who wants to see them.

I'll be back a week from today and I do know I'll be doing a few things before I have to take off the middle of next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment