Monday, December 2, 2013

Tales Of Skyrim, Auto Shows, & Paul Walker

I'll be honest here and say that I really did nothing of note from last Monday the 25th through Thanksgiving. I just laid low and relaxed. At times my right foot has felt odd all throughout November and I do not know what the issue is. I presume it'll go away but that's just a presumption. At least I stayed off my feet when I could. Thanksgiving was quiet; I had a nice meal with the parents and things went well there.

I did start playing the game Skyrim. It came for free along with Forza 4 when I purchased the Xbox 360 this past December. I tried it once but I wasn't too sure about it so I moved onto other games. Recently, I decided to give it more of a shot, and oh boy did I go down the rabbit hole! It's a wacky fantasy world but it's engrossing as there is a LOT to do in that expansive colorful world and there is plenty of player choice in what you can and can't do and what order you do it. I am playing a reptilian creature, because I could.

Friday, that's when things got real interesting. I wasn't able to go to it last year, but just about every year on Black Friday I don't go to the stores to participate in the awfulness known as Black Friday where I wait in lines for hours and deal with the worst of humanity all to try and get a great deal... instead of that horrible trend that I wish would go away, I instead go to the Central Florida International Auto Show at the convention center in Orlando where I get to look at many different automobiles. This time I got a better look at the new Corvette and I also got to see the new Viper up close for the first time. Both are great, great cars... at least from appearance but I am sure they are great to drive too. I did enjoy walking around and checking out all those vehicles, especially the new ones that have come out in the past two years. I parked at a different spot than usual and instead of having to take a shuttle to get there, I was able to walk there which was nice... but man did I do a lot of walking on this day and I was exhausted during the night.

While I was at the auto show I saw quite the shirt that was worn by-of course-a young man who looked like a tool. It was pretty vulgar and not appropriate for an all-ages event like that. It was in yellow with a school bus on the front and below the bus was a phrase; it said, “Driver, stop the bus and let my brother Jack off”. Yes, a crude masturbation reference!

Saturday, I stayed at home and did nothing. During the late evening I was shocked to hear the rumors about Paul Walker dying in a car crash. At first only one website reported it but once it was confirmed... very sad and he seemed like a good dude. I've only seen a few of his films but the Fast & Furious movies started off goofy and somehow changed into wacky over the top greatness with the last two ones.

Sunday, I returned to the Friendly Confines restaurant to see the Chicago Bears vs. the not so good Minnesota Vikings. Saying that, of course the Bears lost in overtime in a contest they should have won and they had opportunies to and just failed. At least there were less idiots there than the last few times I was there; the ones who were barking like circus seals and being jackholes were far away from me. The people around me seemed decent and did not give me any problems and in fact I said a few words to a random lady in her 40's.

Even then, I almost left and in fact paid the bill to leave at halftime before changing my mind; the reason why... things were good there then some Troglodyte decided, “Hey, for no reason let's blast the volume to the Bears game as loud as it can go! Let's give people permanent hearing damage by it being absolutely deafening at over 100 decibels!” Honestly, it was that bad (I am not exaggerating at all) and I really should have left ASAP. Finally, right before I was able to leave someone decided how stupid this was and it was finally back down to a level where you could hear yourself think and not have a splitting headache. To be frank, the person who decided to try and shatter everyone's eardrums deserves to be spat on for sheer stupidity's sake. I did not want to have to have the bartender deal with two bills from me but I imagine she understood and maybe even agreed with me when I told her why I wanted to not be there any longer. Even though Chicago lost there were some great plays after halftime so I am glad I was able to see the whole contest. And of course, the day after a famous celebrity died in a fiery car crash due to either going too fast or mechanical failure (or maybe both), I saw some horrid driving on the roads, whether it's people going too fast (and too furious) or not paying attention because they're flapping their jowls on their phones. Florida drivers: still as awful as ever.

When I post my next blog a week from today, I actually have no idea what I'll be writing about. The next Bears game is a week from tonight and I'll be able to watch that at home. I'll try to pull something out of my hindquarters (to speak like someone from the 1940's) so I will have something to write about next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment