Monday, December 16, 2013

Sigourney Weaver, Twin Peaks, & Outlet Mall Madness

Here's a recap of what I've done since my last blog. As usual for me these days there's only like a few days of excitement then the rest of it is absolute nothing happening; I won't say much about Skyrim, for instance, except that I'm still really enjoying the fantasy adventure and I am glad no one ever spoiled for me some of the wackiest missions and quests you can do in the game. I won't spoil it either, except that there are some real weird moments.

Last Monday, I returned to Epcot at Walt Disney World. Heh, I know. I went there to look for an item to purchase for the holiday season. They did not have it but there is a Plan B and that was enacted. So it was not a wasted trip there. I went on a ride or two, walked around and got exercise on a nice day. In the early evening began the first of three presentations on Epcot's stage area. It's a Candlelight Processional that tells Christ's birth with help of a celebrity narrator, a small orchestra and a big choir. The narrator for a few day block: Sigourney Weaver. I saw it and it's a popular deal. It was cool seeing a celebrity live (especially that celebrity) and it was really well done.

Tuesday and Wednesday were dull (you don't need to hear about me getting Burger King for lunch) so let me skip ahead to Thursday. I needed new jeans as I threw out some old ones I've had for years and they don't fit quite as good as they used to; I presume they shrank... or that's how I would like to tell the story. I figured I would go the cheap route and go to a giant outdoor outlet mall in Orlando to look for two pairs. I needed some for my big roadtrip to Kansas and back. I walked around and I went in various stores to see what the best/most interesting deals are. I got one from the Rue21 outlet store. I found a pair for only 10 bucks, believe it or not. The second pair I got from Banana Republic as I am pretty sure I've never purchased anything from there before and they were half off... the price, not the pants themselves. Once I left that crowded mall, I decided to go to the rustic-themed Hooters-esque location known as Twin Peaks. I went for the food! Actually I went there for more than the food, although what they offer is pretty good.

Friday and Saturday I did not do anything (besides enjoy such things as Led Zepplin now being offered by the streaming service known as Spotify) so let me skip ahead to Sunday. Yesterday I went out and about to see the Chicago Bears play against a team that seemingly has had a dark cloud over them for many years now, the Cleveland Browns. Chicago did not always play well but eventually they got it together and they won. However, I did not go out to the usual spot to see it; I went elsewhere, and I decided to go to the aforementioned Twin Peaks. Typically awful International Drive traffic aside, it was a nice decision on my part. I had a tasty lunch and was able to consume some early afternoon beer. Don't worry, I rarely drink alcohol so early in the day. There weren't as many stupid “sports fans” around which was good.

I do know that I'll be happy not to do any driving on the big road trip; other people will be behind the wheel for the long drive to Kansas and back (presents and other items are being brought along, so it's easier to do it that way rather than fly out there). In the past week, some of the traffic... simply awful. I am pretty sure the way people drive in other states will be better than Florida, but I recently had to deal with such nimrods as someone who I almost hit because they were dumb and couldn't stay in their own lane. Florida drivers are always the dirt worst and I am glad I've only been in one accident, they are that atrocious.

I will be back not next Monday but on Christmas Day (Wednesday the 25th) to give a recap of what happened to me from now until then. I won't be doing anything today and tomorrow so it mostly will be about the road trip to Wichita Kansas and back. I hope to tell some interesting stories and do things and go to places I rarely or never get to experience. I might once in awhile post comments about the trip while I am on vacation on both Twitter and Facebook. I have no idea how much Internetting I'll be able to do. I also hope not to freeze my butt off in the chilly Midwest. I know from looking online I'll probably have to deal with “ice pellets” and “snow showers” while I am there. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment