Monday, November 25, 2013

The Bears, Celebrity Impersonators, & HEYYEYAAEYAAAEYAEYAA

Monday, I wasn't thinking about doing anything but I changed my mind and I went to the familiar haunt known as Winter Garden Village. I ended up at the World Market and I did purchase a few items there. I then went to Barnes & Noble and purchased a pair of DVD's. I then strolled on over to Planet Smoothie and I wanted to try a limited edition flavor they had, but they were out of the key ingredient so I was SOL there and I instead got something else, which at least was tasty.

Tuesday was dull so let me skip ahead to Wednesday. I ended up going with someone to dinner, and that person wanted to go to Uno's, so off we went for some Chicago deep dish pizza. The last time I was there, I was solo last December and later that night, I had the worst case of food poisoning I ever have experienced. I'll spare you the details of why I know it was the worst of all time, but I know for certain it was. Thankfully this time there were no issues with the food and it was a fine experience there, although I wish their pizzas were as large as they used to be and now of course they do cost more.

Thursday was dull so let me skip ahead to Friday. What an odd night it proved to be. I decided I should do something so off I went to the Florida Mall. I walked around for a bit and I had a treat from Pinkberry; they used to have a few locations in the Orlando area but the rest closed down so now I can only go there to have their product. As I ate that, I saw a sight which for a moment made me wonder if I somehow stumbled into a David Lynch or a Coen Brothers film. Certainly it's one of those things that could only happen to me. A crowd started to form and it was people dressed up. I thought that was odd so I went in closer to investigate. It was a large group of celebrity impersonators! I am not joking. There was Jack Nicholson, Danny De Vito, Kenny Rogers, Dolly Parton, the Obamas, George W. Bush, Sean Connery, and others. Was there a convention in town? I have no other explanation for such a thing happening on a Friday night. Quite a few people came around to take pictures and it was bizarre all around.

Then, I walked by the Microsoft store and they have an Xbox One kiosk. It had two screens on opposite sides. On one side was a dance thing with the Kinect device. On the other side, though... they were playing a viral video on loop from a few years ago that I recognized right away. It was HEYYEYAAEYAAAEYAEYAA (as it's known on YouTube), which is a bizarre dance cover of 4 Non Blondes' What's Up and it's matched to clips from the 80's He-Man cartoon; it's weird and awesome at the same time. I have no idea why they were showing it outside of a Microsoft store, though.

Saturday was boring so let me skip ahead to Sunday. What a day that did not start off so well but ended up alright. I should note here that through this month, I've had at least a few cases of people tailgating me. Yes. I'd step or slam on the brakes to get the message across, but down here in Florida people are so stupid they likely would crash into you via rear ending, and considering I had an accident last November (it does NOT seem like it happened a year ago), I don't need to get into another one. Anyhow, tailgating happened to me on this day too. Man alive were there some awful reckless drivers on the road overall. That did not help my mood.

I went to the usual spot (Friendly Confines) to watch the Chicago Bears play against the St. Louis Rams. I knew this time that weather wouldn't be a factor, as the Rams play in a covered dome stadium. Unfortunately the team still has problems so it wasn't a pretty game to watch and they ended up losing. I was thinking about leaving early but until near the end it looked as if they weren't out of it so I had to stick around for that and in hindsight... also, boy were there some loud bellowing crybaby drama queen idiots there; good Lord! There was also a guy there who talked like he had been drinking for hours, and he was like that when I got there around 12:30 PM; hearing him and a lady bartender talk about some crappy music awards show that happened last night and he wanted to record it and her watching it live just “to see what Miley will do!” made me want to drink bleach on the spot! Sorry but it's true. I've made it clear before what I think of the druggie tramp and I sure as hell don't think her music is any good at all, so I did not see a second of that performance, although I do know what it was about and could you be any lamer in trying to get attention? I did end up leaving before the game was over once the outcome wasn't in doubt.

At least once I got home things were fine. I had a nice ham dinner and I just relaxed. As for the next blog I'll post (which will be a week from today), I do know something I'll be doing and I have some other ideas so I should be writing about some interesting things, although maybe not as strange as what I experienced this past Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment