Monday, April 23, 2012

Mixed Martial Arts, Not Having It My Way, & Hummingbird Vice

So, here's a recap of what I've done the past week. There is one thing from the preceding week that I did not mention but it actually relates to something that happened a few days ago. The Burger King that is located right in Clermont, I'm going to stop going there. In the past I've dealt with some stupid people and this time it was the last straw. It seemed like everyone there was brutally incompetent and enough was enough.

Monday, I went out in the afternoon to go to the local Publix to get some items, including a sandwich. On the way back I was on Highway 27 and saw that the northbound lanes were all closed down. Someone must have wrecked pretty bad and I know from where it was at, it was at the entrance of a big subdivision filled with old foagies who are retired (to put it bluntly) and I've seen plenty of stupid drivers coming in and out of there so no surprise someone caused what looked like a serious accident.

Tuesday through Thursday were pretty dull, although on Thursday I decided to go to another Burger King in the area. I have a coupon for a free small fruit smoothie, which I do want to try. I get down there, order food from an androgynous person (seriously, I have no idea if they were male or female. It was just like It's Pat) and guess which machine was out of order at the time? I was not happy but as they did have a Coca Cola Freestyle machine there (as many Burger Kings do now) so at least I was able to get that. But, I don't plan on going to too many Burger Kings in the future as I don't have it my way. When they ruined their chicken tenders by changing them into something much worse than they used to be... that broke my heart!

Before I get to Friday, let me mention a few things. Remember me ranting and raving earlier in the year about some random indy wrestler in Florida bashing women's wrestling? Well, it turns out that it WAS an angle and he promises to get involved with a girl vs. girl bout at a show next weekend. I don't know why that was done online given that only a few people at most would even find out about it, but that's how dumb local wrestling can be sometimes. By the way, I will not be at that show; it's promoted by a mentally ill guy who is NOT Jared David St. Laurent but does bizarre things online like having conversations amongst himself with various alter egos, among other things. His shows have many advertised wrestlers no-show, they're WAY too long, and the promoter himself is a middle-aged roided-up guy who has an enormous HGH-filled gut, as if he was in his third trimester. No thanx to me being there.

Oh, and recently I got a spam e-mail which was titled Hummingbird Vine, all about attracting those birds to my backyard. At first, though, I thought it said Hummingbird Vice! Why I thought

Friday, I had to pick someone up at the airport in St. Petersburg so I decided to spend some time in Tampa before heading down that way. I first visited the mall in Brandon now known as Westfield Brandon; it was largely the same as when I was there last, but I noticed there was a new milkshake place there; it's known as Shakeout and the gimmick is that you can add over 100 different items to your beverage, from cereal to fruit to candy and many other things. I had it with Reeses Pieces and Reeses cereal; I know, boring but it was pretty good. I then drove on over to the International Plaza, a high-end place that's by the Tampa Airport. I walked around there and again that looked largely the same as when I was there the last time. I had dinner there and I was cheap so I had some Chick-Fil-A, as nothing else there that was made quick tickled my fancy. After that I left to pick up that person and the journey was made home. Aside from the usual nincompoops on the highway it was a nice day.

Saturday, it was dull until the evening, when I went to Buffalo Wild Wings to watch the latest UFC pay per view. Due to how things worked out it was the first UFC pay per view I watched there in almost 4 months, back when Brock Lesnar lost (to a really roided-out guy, it turns out, but that's neither here nor there). This time around, the show did not exactly please me. The fights I saw on Facebook and then FX weren't that great for the most part, and while most of the pay per view bouts were entertaining, I was actually let down by the main event. It was interesting... at first. But then when I realized how it was going to go, I was not happy. The main was a title fight between two guys who legit don't like each other due to some incidents that have happened in the past. As I legit don't like the champ for a litany of reasons, I was really hoping the challenger would step up and dethrone the champ. However, the challenger just fought a crap fight and wasn't able to do much of anything against the champ, and the champ fought a frustratingly conservative fight; thus, aside from some entertaining moments the fight was just completely boring to me. I was and still am baffled by all the praise I heard for it from podcasts and other places; I was extremely disappointed by it; it was NOT fought like a grudge match between two guys who legit wanted to pistol-whip each other.

As for the experience at BWW, the place was absolutely swamped with people. I presume most of them wanted to see the main event. Unfortunately many people there just turned me off. I won't rant and rave about it as I'm mainly over it by now. But good Lord were there some loathsome people around, between Troglodytes who shouted while speaking to each other even though they were right by each other (and the noise around them wasn't loud; they just wanted to be dumbshits), Bro types being Bro's, people acting ignorant all night... that ticked me off far worse than the main event. Sigh; at least the food was good and I had some brewskis. Also, as a wrestling fan I laughed that there was a random customer there who looked like a young and thinner version of Diamond Dallas Page!

Sunday was dull so I'll tell you that I'll post my blog a week from today. Only a few things are planned but next weekend should be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment