Monday, April 30, 2012

The Blog Where I Discover That A Nod Is As Good As A Wink... To A Blind Horse

I know everyone will ask where I came up with such a strange title; it turns out that it's the title to a 1971 album by rock group The Faces. It's the album which has the song Stay With Me; this was back when they had Rod Stewart as their lead singer. I just discovered that album title a few days ago and I both laughed and shook my head. Anyhow, this is what I did from last Monday to today aside from Saturday, which I wrote about in a special blog I posted last night.

Monday, I went out to Winter Garden Village to walk around for a bit and purchase some cheap items. There were two thoughts that came to me on this day. First, I saw an ad on TV which was of a product that you spray on your hair in order to paint over grey hairs! As you can see, it sounds so preposterous it was almost to the end of the commercial that I realized it was a real product and not a spoof ad. Secondly, there's an artist I've learned of recently; he calls himself Gotye and unfortunately, when I see that name I think of Goatse! If you don't know what Goatse is... I'd rather have you look it up than me having to try and explain it here using language that isn't R-rated.* That is unfortunate as in terms of Top 40 music, I definitely prefer him to most of the dreck that you find in that format now in the past 5 or so years, both in terms of the music and his singing voice; the genre I've heard called electronic pop and his voice has been compared to Peter Gabriel or Sting; both sound accurate to me.

* The way I first found out about Goatse was a long time ago; I mean, this was in my apartment days at Illinois State University. I saw the address for goatse.cx without an explanation as to what it was written in chalk on the sidewalk. That reminds me of how back even further you'd find out about house parties to go to and get your underage drink on... not that I ever did that sort of thing... OK, I can't lie, that's what I did! Anyhow, once I got back home I looked it up and boy was I in for a shock! By the way, that website was taken down years ago.

Tuesday, I thought about doing something in the evening but by that time I was dead tired so I decided to be lazy and I stayed in instead. So, I'll mention something that I somehow neglected to mention in the last blog I did: I got a haircut. I definitely needed one. For the first time, the place that I go for haircuts had good business in the location they moved to at least a year ago. I didn't mind waiting for a bit as I felt a little better about how long they would be open before they shut down for good.

Wednesday and Thursday was rather dull; Thursday's highlight was me going to Target, after all. So, onto Friday and... Mako's! Truth be told I was going to go there on Saturday night but when I discovered there was going to be an MMA event in Ocala on that night, I just moved up my downtown Orlando adventure up one night.

It turns out that my time there wasn't as exciting as when I was there two weekends ago, where wacky things happened and some guy tried to start a fight with me. However, I still had a real good time there enjoying the usual sights and sounds; you know, drunk girls there who are customers dancing on poles, drunken dancing from guys on the ground, etc. I discovered that if you have some rolls of toilet paper on a long stick and you have a container of compressed air behind it, if you let the air go it literally creates quite the streaming effect! I know, sounds wacky all around but man is that place great, seeing crazy things like that at any moment.

The most noteworthy thing I can mention is that I ended up getting two bodyshots; as I've mentioned before, it's where a young lady gets on the bar and shakes her T&A right in front of you and then you get to consume a shot that is nestled in her bosom; it's great! However, I saw one guy receive one and a few times he tried to put his hands on the lass giving him one; needless to say that's a no-no and I wanted to chuck a beer bottle right at his head! I'm not saying that because the lady he was pawing was the dame who has been pretty nice to me the last few times I've been there; it's more of a common sense thing, as why would he think acting like that would ever be appropriate? What a cretin! I'll be back there one time sometime in May... if not more.

My Sunday was rather boring; I stayed at home to relax after the previous two days I had. So, I'll mention now that I'll be posting my next blog a week from today. The upcoming week does not have too much planned but as always I'm sure I'll stumble into something worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment