Monday, April 9, 2012

American Pie, YOLO, & Easter Ham

Yeah, this won't be as long of a blog as usual; I have a feeling the one I post next week will be longer but I don't want to give out any spoilers. I'll comment on what I did from Wednesday the 4th up to Easter.

If you don't know what YOLO is, it stands for You Only Live Once and it was said by a crappy current rapper in a recent song. In a rare bit of me being hip with the times, I know that many young people think that phrase is “so deep” and all that. Sure, living life to the fullest is great and all but it seems like the majority take that phrase to mean they feel free to act like total jackasses; at least from what I know, the type of people who brag about YOLO are the same who use Troglodyte words like “swag” and “cray” and all of those people I tend to avoid in the same way that David Tuthill and Jared David St. Laurent avoid healthy food... and now there is a song from the "lovely" Nicki Minaj (and I mean "lovely" in this case as "horrific-looking") known as Beez in the Trap! If you want me to tell you what that phrase means, then you're asking the wrong person.

Wednesday night I actually saw a movie from the late 90's on the big screen and no it was NOT Titanic. Rather, I stumbled upon something interesting that I would not have known if I didn't stumble upon it... some AMC joints across the country would do a one-time showing of the original American Pie on the big screen. I checked that out and indeed that movie is still pretty funny. Unfortunately I wasn't able to rent the second one (although I saw parts of it on TV last weekend when I was in South Florida) but for the first time in 9 years I saw American Wedding as I was able to rent that. I didn't like it at the time and I still don't like it now. It was just an off-putting movie with a lot of crassness and not a lot of niceness, you know.

Thursday was just movie-watching at home so I'll skip ahead to Friday. I ended up having dinner at good old Friendly Confines, because why not? Actually, I went there because I was going to see American Reunion at the Regal they have all the way out in Oviedo; I hadn't seen a film there in a few years and I hadn't walked about that mall in a few months. Besides, FC had their anniversary celebration on Saturday so I figured I would give them some business the day before. While I was at FC I was reminded of something I had trouble with at times in South Florida. Sometimes the Wi-Fi worked fine but other times I had a bitch of a time trying to get it to work with my iPod Touch. Sometimes I could not get it to work at all, and I was quite unhappy about that. Anyhow, it took way too long but I finally got it to work at FC. While I was there I had the usual, drank an Abita Amber (it's not too shabby) and watched some baseball.

After that I drove over to Oviedo but unfortunately there was a road rage incident. I honked at someone because they were acting like a total nincompoop, and they got mad and lashed out, so I returned the favor and I even yelled something really not nice out the window at them. Boy did I end up not feeling too good about that as me acting a fool is not something I usually do and I shouldn't have made that comment... even if they did deserve it.

I ended up having to take the scenic route to the mall but I still made it there in time to walk around for a bit before seeing American Reunion. That was just about as good as the first two films in the series. There's a lot of vulgarity and hilarity but it also has heart. There's topless action... and male nudity if that's your thing.

Saturday, I went to Winter Garden Village after dinner as hey, I had free time. Plus, I had to go to a store to get ink for the printer and as they had a Staples there, it worked out great for me. I got that item, picked up a drink from elsewhere, then went home. Sunday, it was a lazy Easter. However, dinner was ham. As long as I can remember, every Easter the dinner meal was ham. It's like how way back when, when my family went to my grandfather's for Christmas Eve the meal would be goose.

By the way, it probably won't be too long before I am back down in S. Florida and see the likes of two Lamborghini's, a Rolls Royce Phantom, several Bentley's, several Jaguar XJL's (at least 80,000 bucks when new) and my first-ever spotting of a Nissan Murano CrossCabriolet (yes, a convertible version of an SUV; it is exactly as ridiculous as you think it is) as I did last weekend. That's because a few days ago I heard that a second-tier UFC show will be in the big arena by Sawgrass Mills Mall. I haven't been to any MMA show before let alone UFC, so I may have to check that out despite the long drive and having to go back there when I experienced some real stressful driving.

I'll be back a week from today and that should be a more entertaining blog than this is. Some interesting stories to tell, in other words.

No comments:

Post a Comment