Monday, January 23, 2012

Racist Dogs, Blowfly, & Protein Blasts

So, things were different from usual for me when it comes to the preceding week. Still, I do have some intriguing things to talk about.

Here is a recap which has some more interesting aspects to it than what I usually do these days. Monday was dull so let me skip ahead to Tuesday. The highlight was me getting my hair cut, as I needed one. There was more people there than usual, meaning there was more than one other customer in there. At least the place at their new location they moved to last year seemed to be doing better than I thought they were, which is good. And, while I was there on this day I heard one half of what had to be quite the conversation. One of the women working there had to talk on her cell phone as there was an incident with her dog briefly fighting with another dog, and apparently it was a crisis. Anyhow, she mentioned quite the observation, which was that because her dog only gets mad at other dogs that are white in color, that her pooch must be racist! That's a very close paraphrase of what she said. And I can't possibly add on anything else to that.

As an aside, it was on Tuesday that I found out funk/soul singer Jimmy Castor passed away. Aside from having some songs that you'd probably recognize from them being sampled in more modern tunes, he had some novelty-type tunes, such as Troglodyte (Cave Man), which is indeed where I got the idea to use the term Troglodyte.

Wednesday, in the evening I went to the local Macaroni Grill with my parents and a family friend, who is visiting Florida from Illinois. That's a place I hadn't been to all that often in the past. It turns out, their margherita pizza tasted fine and I was more than happy to wolf it down. Besides, they had several different flavored lemonades and the blood orange variety I enjoyed. After that, as I went there solo, I was able to walk around Winter Garden Village for a bit and as I did have a coupon from Planet Smoothie which was burning a hole in my pocket. I had a concoction known as the Chocolate Chimp which involved chocolate, banana, vanilla, and honey. It may sound like an odd combo but it works. Oh, and something else added to it was an ingredient known as “protein blast”. Way too many inappropriate comments can be made here, so I better move on...

Thursday, I wasn't feeling the best. Between hearing late the night before that the people in charge are actually planning on The Expendables 2 to be PG-13 (yes, that of all films with a bunch of old stars who are most famous for their R-rated movies, to appear in a PG-13 sequel to a great R-rated film), having a dream where somone I know personally died-I'll never mention it on here or even tell them personally I thought of them in that way, as that's just horrifying-and then finding out that the government shut down the great file upload service Megaupload... what a poor day it turned out to be. In fact, the highlight there was going to Burger King for the first time in awhile. At the location in town, they have new video board menus, which look pretty snazzy. I also tried their new fries, which are better than the overly greasy ones they used to make for years, but they're still no McDonalds fries. At least their Whoppers are still tasty.

By the way, another person who passed away around this time was Johnny Otis, a musician/producer/talent scout/etc. His most famous song is Willy & The Hand Jive; you may have heard that or Eric Clapton's cover of it. Anyhow, I read on his Wikipedia page that in '69, Otis released an album of vulgar songs under the band name of-and this is no lie-Snatch & The Poontangs! It's true. You can listen to some of those songs on YouTube and believe it or not that album is on Spotify if you have that service. Musically it's fine; it just happens to have quite a bit of cursing. It does prove that Blowfly wasn't the first guy to release vulgar albums; yes, you can find quite a few albums from Blowfly on Spotify too. I'll have to dig into that sometime later.

In a break from the usual, it was the weekend where I was boring. Friday night it was possible that I'd go out for dinner with the parents and the family friend, but it didn't happen. Instead I got some food at KFC, a place I don't go to often enough. By the way, that family friend was around from Wednesday to Friday. He had a good time here. I bet he preferred being in Florida rather than his place in the northern part of Illinois, which got some terrible snowy weather during that time period. I'd mention what the temperatures were in Florida the same time the blizzard was taking place, but I don't want to piss off anyone I know who lives up there, so I better keep quiet about that.

The weekend I was incredibly boring. I was going to go out on Saturday night and see a movie on the big screen, but before dinner my stomach was upset so I figured I should stay in and watch TV instead. Of course, after dinner I felt better... still, it was a good idea for me to not go out and about. Yesterday, I also stayed in; I watched some pro football and that was a good time... despite the fact I would have preferred different winners for both games.

The upcoming week... as usual not a lot is planned. With any luck I'll have enough activities to discuss by this time next Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment