Monday, January 30, 2012

The Incredibly True Adventures Of Going Down The Rabbit Hole

I decided to borrow a phrase I heard from a videogame podcast I started listening to about 2 or so months ago. On that show, “going down the rabbit hole” (and yes, I know where that phrase originated from) refers to the idea of starting to play a videogame that will be a huge investment of time, like an RPG which will take something like 80 plus hours! In this case it is the duel threat of Tumblr and Spotify that has caused me to go deep in the hole. I won't give away what my Tumblr name is but I follow some random accounts there and usually it's either pretty girls or blogs where pretty girls get posted. No, it's not a pervert sort of thing where I look at X-rated photos on there! Then, with Spotify, I'm still able to stream everythin on that music-sharing site for free, and I hear they have an estimated 15 million songs (!) on there. Now I've gotten to the point of creating my own playlists, and searching for songs for that task eats up more time than you can imagine. Also, there are various websites where you can share your playlists and overall Spotify is pretty damn awesome.

Anyhow, let me recap the previous week. Monday I went with someone with dinner to the local Steak & Shake in town. The main reason for going there was that the both of us had coupons to use via the previous day's newspaper. It was tasty food and their Orange Freeze milkshake is pretty fantastic.

Tuesday was dull so I'll skip ahead to Wednesday. I hadn't been outside of a small radius around Clermont for awhile so I figured I would change that by going to Downtown Disney to walk around there a bit-it's mostly the same old same old there-and also to see a movie, Red Tails. The movie had a script and dialogue that seemed to be from a movie made in 1944, but as entertainment it was fine. By the way, I still laugh that one of the TV ads for the movie has the soundtrack of a dubstep song.

Thursday was dull so I'll skip ahead to Friday. In the evening I had free time so I decided to go to the Sand Lake Road area for the first time in awhile. As I don't believe I've eaten at an Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza before I decided to try that out. That place has some pretty good food, so I am sure I'll be back there sooner or later. It isn't the cheapest place but I did have food to bring home to eat Saturday for lunch; while I was there they played a great variety of older songs on their sound system. I mean, it was almost all songs that I dug so that was a big win. I even heard the songs of Tequila. No, I did not-nor did anyone else-bust out some fancy shoes and then dance on top of the bar, breaking glasses along the way! After that I went to Pinkberry, as I hadn't been there for what seemed like weeks. They brought back their blood orange flavor so it was a must for me to have that again, and it was great.

The weekend, it was more interesting than expected. I didn't go out Saturday; instead I stayed in to watch the UFC prelims and then the final three matches of that show on FOX. The prelims were fine-enough. The fights on FOX were disappointing, but I thought there was more excitement staying at home rather than going out to see anything like a wrestling show. It turns out, there was a show in Orlando that I didn't attend as the guy who ran the show, I had serious problems with before; well, the show was more interesting than expected, with one guy I know suffering an injured ankle (for real) and my buddy Jared David St. Laurent got punked out by a ring announcer!

Now, EVERYTHING involving that guy I presume to be fake and staged due to his severe mental illness and the bizarre fact that people work with him on fake situations that are supposed to be real; it happens all the time! I really hope that isn't the case this time, as I don't quite see how a feud between a fat f*** who can barely wrestle and a chubby ring announcer with zero wrestling experience is supposed to do anything positive. Then again, stupider things have been attempted, as absolutely stupid as it sounds to all you guys outside of the Florida independent wrestling world who are reading this and are looking at it in a logical manner... but at least for now I'll go under the assumption that it's legit and I'll laugh and laugh.

Oh, and if you want to view the video and the profane but hilarious yelling, go here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZnXvBxonFc

Onto things more sane, Sunday I had more free time so I decided to do something for the first time and that was go walk on the James A. Van Fleet State Trail... or at least a small part of it. It is a paved deal which goes through some real remote but scenic areas of Lake and Polk Counties. From the area I walked it was indeed scenic. I passed by a farm that had cattle roaming about, and there were buzzards flying about. As it was a cool day, it was nice to walk about. I did see quite the odd site right after I left there and went back home: in the middle of the road there was some people walking with a dog... and a Shetland pony! No kidding. That's not something you see everyday, that is for darn sure.

I'll be back a week from today; I know for certain that while today through Thursday may be dull, Friday through Sunday will be very eventful. There's getting to see a UFC pay per view in a theatre... in 3D, the Super Bowl the next evening, and I hope to do something fun on Friday night that I haven't done in far too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment