Monday, January 9, 2012

The Blog Where I Wonder About The Mystery of Salomon Kabbash

To show you how unexciting much of this week was, I had to title this blog after a spam e-mail I got! It was from a few days ago and it said, “Re: Salomon Kabbash”. I actually opened it and it was pretty much gibberish leading to a link which I knew well enough not to click. In the past I've mentioned a few times some of the strange spam names I got; this is just another one of those.

Up to yesterday there isn't too much to say. One night I ate at a local Chipotle and another night I was at a Wal-Mart to pick up a few items and as I was checking out a teen girl and her mom were loudly arguing with each other over some such nonsense. Other than that the only other noteworthy thing is that for a few nights it was pretty chilly. I didn't have much issue with it as hey, I dealt with much worse back in my Illinois days. I'll always laugh when people in this area of Florida freak out over the temperature dipping to the mid 30's or below a few nights a year; it happened once again. Sure, it getting as low as 25 or so is not that common, but it's still pretty laughable.

In fact, I'll cut the crap and I'll get right to Sunday, where I did something different. I'll spare the details of how I arrived at this decision but with my schedule I figured it would be best if I went to Lakeland where I would spend time at an establishment watching much of the game between the Broncos and the Steelers and then I'd go to the drive-in joint in Lakeland (yes, drive-ins are still around) to see a natural double-header. It's a place I've been to a few times before but the last time was months ago.

In the afternoon I made the drive down to Lakeland and I saw a good amount of the big football game at... Hooters! I had been to that particular restaurant long ago and it's been too many weeks since I've been to any Hooters restuarants. I like going there... for the food! While I was there I enjoyed all the treats... on the menu. Needless to say some attractive young ladies worked there and that's something I'll never complain about. As expected there were some meatheads there who were fans of both the Steelers and Broncos (or rather, fans of Tebow) and that made for an interesting atmosphere; if only those meatheads would have been farther away from me.

As for the game, I'll note that for the past few weeks TEBOWAMANIA had died down as he and Denver did not play too well. Still, they backdoored their way into the playoffs and played against Pittsburgh. Before (especially in that blog where I talked abut the Tebows playing against the Chicago Bears; how that game turned out still stings, I'll admit) I talked about how a few times this season Denver made the comeback to win in the same way that Hulk Hogan came back by Hulking up before winning his matches. This time the Broncos played shockingly well early and got a good lead on Pittsburgh. By the time I left (I tried to stay there as long as I could) it was the 4th quarter and Denver was still winning. I didn't think that the Steelers would come back to tie it up so I felt fine leaving at that point as I wouldn't miss much.

Well, I done goofed!

Pittsburgh did tie it up and the game went into overtime. Let's just say it didn't take long before Tebow did a big boot and then dropped a legdrop on the Steelers as he did a huge play and I can only imagine the choas that broke out in sports bar all across Florida as that play happened. TEBOWAMANIA has started again and this upcoming Saturday night they'll get a rematch against the New England Patriots. Suddenly, my plans for the night are up in the air. There are several different things I could do and attend on that night; it probably will be late in the process before I am certain what I'll be doing.

Before I get into the drive-in stuff, I have to mention one amazing human being that I saw at Hooters. This guy actually exists, as amazing as it is to me. That guy was a typical middle-aged redneck type. Those people are a dime a dozen in this part of Florida. Except... this guy may or may not have been wearing eyeliner. And, he was such a fan of Prince that he not only wore a t-shirt with his visage on it, but his necklace was the symbol that Prince used during his bizarre Artist... days. Yes, this guy exists! I have no problem with his musical preferences; Prince has some great songs. It's just that I can't imagine there are too many white trash fans of that tiny singer around.

Anyhow, at the drive-in I saw the double-feature of The Devil Inside and Paranormal Activity 3. I paid the usual 4 bucks for both movies (yes, that's right) as after the toxic reviews the first movie has gotten, paying full price at a cineplex seemed like a bad idea. This proved to be a good idea. That movie was crap! It's a horror movie found footage thing that just isn't scary or terrifying at all. It's just a dull bore, and as many have noted already, the ending is a giant middle finger; the film just stops rather than ends. I'll talk about the movie on my movie blog (that review will be up late tonight) but the film isn't worth seeing in any format, even after it's on DVD. I stuck around to watch PA3 and that was so much better as a found footage horror flick. It washed the bad taste out of my mouth.

I am glad I managed to have enough to write about in this blog. The next one I do and post a week from today will be more interesting, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment