Monday, July 11, 2011

Child Killers, Tilted Kilts, & A Swarm Of Locusts

So, I figured that I should first talk about what happened with that Child Killer and the verdict this past Tuesday. I have mentioned more than once before here how I got fed up pretty quickly with how it was a media circus (ESPECIALLY if you live around Orlando like I do) and people seemed to be entertained by what was the trial of a parent who murdered-or at least killed accidentally at the very very least), which I found to be pretty disgusting. But, even more disgusting was what the jury’s verdict was. The thought never crossed my mind that she wouldn’t be convicted of any felonies. I was flabbergasted. Not to sound haughty and arrogant here, but to me it sounds like yet another reason for me to bitch and moan about the sheer amount of stupid people here in this state.

Anywho, I was so miffed from that verdict, I felt like not only going to a serene place to cool off, but also a place I could walk around to let off some steam. So, I returned to nearby Lake Louisa State Park where I did quite a bit of walking around in some hot weather. I think I pushed myself a little too hard considering my fitness level (or lack thereof); still, it was nice to enjoy the scenery and not think about that damn case and how it went horribly wrong.

Wednesday only featured me going to a nearby Best Buy to pick up some DVD’s and Thursday I didn’t do anything as it was rainy for most of the day, so onto Friday I go… even though it was rainy on that day too, I went to Orlando and I-Drive in particular. Amazingly, given the toxic combination of I-Drive and rainy weather, nothing too horrible was witnessed or dealt with while I was driving. I didn’t blow my stack, in other words. I went to a few spots on I-Drive. I visited the Premiere Outlets again, but didn’t stay there for too long. Every summer, a bunch of Brazilian tour groups come to Orlando; I don’t want to say that they swarm the area like locusts, but when I looked around a few of the stores on this day, it looked as if a tornado had just went through, with a lot of merchandise on the floor and just general chaos. I also visited the always-barren Festival Bay Mall, where it seems like only about 10% of their available space is even occupied. How they’ve stayed open in that condition for so many years is at a “Child Killer is not guilty” level of baffling. I then paid patronage for a second time to the Twisted Burger located on Sand Lake Road just east of Dr. Phillips Boulevard. I had their burger and milkshake, and once again they were rather tasty. Unfortunately, once again while I was there, there was hardly anyone in the restaurant; considering that this time around I was there in the 6PM hour on a Friday night, I say that’s not a good sign for the future of the restaurant… I hope I end up get proven wrong. Regrettably, this go-around there was no Ferrari parked in the lot for me to stare at while having dinner.

Saturday was even more interesting than I had planned. The idea was for me to do some things, including visiting the Flea World once again and then later go to a wrestling show up in Sanford. I ended up doing more than that. So, once again there was objectionable driving I had to deal with while I was on the road on this day… I won’t get into it, though. I know that while I was able to pick up some things from Flea World I wasn’t able to get my previous visit there (as those joints weren’t open on that day), it was like a sweatbox there. As I’ve mentioned before, most of the place isn’t air-conditioned, and the fans they use throughout don’t really get the job done. I was sweating like Tony Montana in the opening minutes of Scarface. I then on a whim decided to visit a restaurant chain for the first time, even though I had heard of it who knows how many weeks ago. I had time to kill, so off I went to the Lake Mary version of Tilted Kilt for dinner… and scenery-watching! It’s like a Celtic version of Hooters, with outfits that were similarly scanty. Actually, the plaid skirts and belly-bearing top remind me of what the ladies at a certain club in downtown Orlando wear early in the night before the night gets hot and they take off the skirt and top to walk around in their skivvies. It’s the type of place people would think I would enjoy frequenting, so it was about time I went to one. In short, I’m glad I tried it out. Some of the women there I would rank pretty highly on the attractiveness scale. The food wasn’t bad either! I also had a very tasty alcoholic beverage while I was there. It was called the crooked kilt and involved Kraken spiced black rum, midori, and a few other things. That was delicious.

After Tilted Kilt I went to Sanford to see a wrestling show, along with getting to chat with a few people I hadn’t chatted with in too long. That went well, and the show was entertaining too. Quite a few people there knew Justin “Ryze” Honeycutt, the local wrestler I talked about in the last blog who unfortunately passed away due to a freak accident, so they paid tribute to him and that was a very nice gesture.

My Saturday was so exciting I did nothing yesterday, and I don’t plan on doing too much today-7/11-either. I’ll have my next blog up on 7/18 and as I always seem to say, nothing is set in stone yet but I am sure I’ll figure out some interesting things to do so that I won’t be bored and I have something to talk about here too.

No comments:

Post a Comment