Monday, May 9, 2011

Cinco De Paco, And Other Not So Zany Tales

So, this blog won’t be too eventful (the next one, though… what I do from the 9th to the 16th may be so eventful I’ll have to split it into two different blogs), but I’ll press on anyhow and mention what I did do. Before that, though, I have to say that with MySpace being down today, I've just given up on posting anything there any longer. The site has been so awful the past year or so I've only logged onto it to post my blogs, and that's it. By this time next week I'll for sure make this fancier, but this will do for now.

By the way, that title is due to my nickname being Blairpac; if you don’t know, that relates to something way back in high school, with my fellow pro wrestling fans at the time; that was back when big time pro wrestling was actually awesome and now the awful crap it’s been for way too long now. It’s not that I’m a huge Tupac fan… although I don’t hate him either.

This past Monday was dull for me, so I’ll mention that Tuesday I went to Orlando to visit the Colonial Plaza area (which includes the awesome Total Wine & Spirits and some other stores) and I visited a few of those spots to purchase some items. Not too surprisingly, I did stop at the Total Wine & Spirits to purchase some alcoholic beverages… along with some regular sodas. I then had a big-time dinner by eating at… a nearby Arby’s. I only eat there once in awhile, so why not?

Wednesday, I was bored so I decided to go to a place I think I only went to once, and that was back before I moved down here for good. It was the nearby Lake Louisa State Park. I wanted to check it out and also do some walking around. I had forgotten how large the place is, and how pretty it is too. The weather wasn’t the best (a little drizzle) but I still enjoyed the walk on some trails and going onto the docks of the biggest lakes they have there. You can paddle around in a canoe if you want to… they make it clear there are alligators in those lakes. No thanks.

Thursday I went to Wal-Mart to pick up a few items and then went to Blockbuster to rent some movies. Speaking of that, remember to check out my movie reviews blog at http://blairreviewsmovies.blogspot.com/

I’ve done 160 proper reviews, believe it or not. Anyhow, that was as much excitement as I had on Cinco de Mayo. I didn’t even consume any alcoholic beverages.

Friday was uneventful so I’ll talk about the weekend. Saturday, it was totally boring. I just stayed in and relaxed. I definitely did NOT watch the big boxing fight; I’m not a fan of that sport as I see it as a bunch of fights where guys hug each other to stop the action and it’s supposed to be punished with points taken away and it never happens. Absolutely ridiculous, and to my total non-shock the big fight was apparently brutally bad.

Sunday, I laid low too… until the evening. It was a fine Mother’s Day, featuring a nice turkey lunch with the parents. Hey, it’s what they agreed to, as if it would have been a night on the town, every restaurant would have been packed and yeah, no fun. Instead, the big meal was in the afternoon and a few hours later I went to Buffalo Wild Wings to see what was poppin’ there and turns out, not a lot. I did see the second half of the Lakers game, and talk about phoning it in. They lost badly and got swept out of the NBA playoffs. That’s fine by me, as I’ve never been a fan of them, and the way the media has performed fellatio on them the past decade or so AND they’re so overbearing and in the regular season they half-ass it often just because they can… I was glad to see them get their pants pulled down. Watching that game was interesting with the musical soundtrack I had to listen to as I sat indoors at the bar. The jukebox was going and quite the odd mix of songs was chosen by patrons, from the likes of Cash’s cover of Hurt to old late 50’s tunes to the Goldfinger theme song to a pair of disco songs with Hot Stuff and Copacabana. Wacky. By the way, late in the evening, something I ate during the day disagreed with my stomach, and I’ll spare you the gory details.

I know, a boring blog; the next one, to be uploaded around this time on the 16th, will be more exciting, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment