Monday, February 24, 2020

White Claw, Flippers, My Birthday Week & Forensic Files II

This week had even more ups and downs and due to circumstances beyond my control, not everything I had planned came to fruition. Still, my birthday was on Saturday so I can't be too upset about events in general. Plus, from Sunday the 16th through the wee hours of Sunday the 23rd, my parents had guests, which included a 10 month old baby; that was different from the norm. Monday, all I did was visit some spots in town, including Target. Tuesday had more action; first, I went to Walmart in order to pick up a toy for the 10 month old, which they thankfully did enjoy. Getting the toy from Walmart was a matter of convenience; as correctly predicted by me, their selection for infants was rather limited. After that I returned to Hurricane Grill & Wings as I hadn't been there for awhile. I had The Perfect Storm, which wasn't a high-powered liquid concoction... rather, it was firecracker shrimp (where were eh), but the mozzarella sticks, few pieces of boneless wings and fries w/ garlic & Parmesan were good. Once I got home, for the first time I tried WHITE CLAW; I got a can of it awhile ago. After drinking it... not awful, but not for me. I do know the reasons why many drink it-and that I am far from the first middle-aged man to consume the beverage-so I'll just stick with what I usually drink instead.

Wednesday, I could not think of any better place to visit so I returned to Disney Springs, where nothing of note happened; it was a popular location on this night. Thursday, I still had a giftcard from Zaxby's to use, so there is where I went. Nothing was done on Friday, so onto Saturday, when I turned thirty::coughcough:: years old. For various reasons it did not feel like my birthday yet I do not want to dwell on the negatives of 2020 and instead mention that I did have some alcohol at night, even if it was the Rose hard cider from Angry Orchard that someone I know bought long ago but for other reasons are unable to finish anytime soon. Plus, I went with several people to the local location of a Central Florida chain known as Flipper's Pizzeria; I've gotten food from there before way back in the day, but had never eaten in the restaurant itself. While the pizza I ordered wasn't exactly what I ordered, the food at least tasted fine and everyone enjoyed their meal. The other people chose the place, which was fine.

Sunday, I do not want to carp and complain about the day as I don't want this to be too negative. There were just traffic issues (as it has been all month long) and not everything went as expected. At least I had food at a Wawa then purchased several of the unique food & drink items available at World Market, such as Australian licorice and Italian wafer cookies. In the evening I viewed Forensic Files II on HLN. I can't explain why Headline News became HLN, or why they might as well be known as the Forensic Files Network as most of their programming is reruns of that. I viewed it at the time on what was known then as Court TV (which for most of the first decade of the 2000's was my favorite and most-watched network) before they completely changed to Tru TV and became unwatchable with “reality” television and loathsome prank shows. I laugh that they actually are calling Forensic Files II... if only I would have thought it worthy of the original. For me, it was just not the same, and just not good. I'll just skip II and when I want, revisit the original on HLN... or YouTube, which has most of the episodes.

Next Monday, who knows what I will be discussing.

No comments:

Post a Comment