Monday, February 17, 2020

Grimm's Fairy Tales, Hangry Bison, Horrid Traffic & Fantasy Island

Thankfully I have several interesting stories to tell about the preceding week, even if not all of them are positive. Monday, I had the free time to visit a few spots in Orlando & the suburbs, including some soda and taffy from Rocket Fizz; it wasn't the plan yet I ended up at a restaurant I herd about before but finally had the time & motivation to try on this day: the Hangry Bison. For certain it's my type of place: burgers & craft beer. Both were pretty good. Tuesday, I went to Walmart for a few items, and had a bad experience there. I know, that's what I get for going to Walmart... but as elaborated upon before, one reason I go there is to put money on giftcards so they can be used at the various gas stations found at some of their stores... that was my main reason on this evening, actually. Well, the woman checking everyone out in the line I was in, she was so incompetent that she struggled and needed assistance with most of the people paying for items... including me. I was royally unhappy, so I don't plan on visiting this location again anytime soon.

Wednesday, I ended up seeing Gretel & Hansel. Why not see a movie directed by the son of Anthony Perkins? There are mixed reviews but I heard some things which sounded appealing to me. Well, it was nice visually and aurally, which helped make up for the story being on the simplistic side. There are weird moments throughout, so the mixed reviews do make sense. Thursday, I had to make... another run to the airport! Someone was picked up in Sanford; on the way there I stopped at a KFC for a meal that was at least cheap, and I killed time somewhere else when I found out that the flight was delayed. Also on Thursday, the logical movie for me to see next was the 2013 flick Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters; that was a 180 from the previous night's film... that was over the top and campy, yet fine. Friday I did nothing, so onto Saturday...

Saturday, I had the time to see a film, and several factors led to me choosing something I heard was bad: Blumhouse's Fantasy Island. I haven't used the AMC A-List App as often in the past few months (for the most part) so I better get back to that. The movie was indeed poor, a gigantic mess. After that, I ate at a Wawa as it was the best option available for where I was at when it was time to stop & eat. I tried their new chicken strips; while not the worst I've ever had, I'll stick with their turkey sandwiches. Sunday, I went to Publix to purchase various items; on the way there I almost got sideswiped by a fool, was tailgated more than once, and had way too many dopey moments happen to me that I don't want to get into as it could go on for paragraphs. 

When I return in a week... who knows what I'll discuss.

No comments:

Post a Comment