Monday, February 3, 2020

Coca Cola Energy, Gringos Locos, Zaghrouta & Super Bowl Olivia

The preceding week had its ups and downs; details won't be provided by me, except that nothing is wrong with me mentally or physically. I received news that at first could have been real but but at least for now, things are fine. More than once I did help someone out by going to the grocery store and getting items for them. One time I went to a Publix that opened just last year about 7 miles from me. It was nice so I should frequent that place more often. An item I picked up that beforehand was unknown to me was Coca Cola Energy; I've only had the Original so far and eventually I'll taste the former. Original is... fine.

I actually have to give a shoutout to those random Facebook ads that show random posts from random accounts. Sometimes I discover new things or hear news that way. For example, this was how I knew that Lucky's Market was going bankrupt; this makes me sad as I always enjoyed going there and Florida does not need less grocery store options. Another site which popped up does various lists, which has been the popular thing online as of late. A list contained local Florida chains and one was Gringos Locos, which I had never heard of before. As I wanted to do something out of the norm, I went to downtown Orlando and tried this establishment. It was a wise decision as I liked both the tacos and the chips & salsa I received. Eventually, one night will be spent in downtown Orlando as it's been ages since I've had one of those evenings. I am not so old that fun can't be had by me at such dens full of debauchery.

The last thing I have to discuss is Super Bowl LIV... or as I started calling it, Super Bowl Olivia. For the second year in a row I did not view the game and instead spent time at Walt Disney World. Unlike last year (where bogus calls in both conference championship games resulted in the wrong teams winning and the big game itself was apparently one of the worst in NFL history, making me glad not a second was viewed by me) I had no problem with either team in the Super Bowl, yet I couldn't be more apathetic and ambivalent about the National Football League so why waste my time with that. While I laugh that a coach twice in the past three SB snatched defeat from the jaws of victory w/ atrocious play calling in the 4th quarter, it's a nice story that both the Kansas City Chiefs won for the first time in 50 years and a great coach in Andy Reid finally winning his first Super Bowl. The halftime show, I should watch on YouTube eventually as I know it's received a mixed reception; I just know Shakira did a zaghrouta (the thing she did w/ her tongue) and I got to learn a new term. The commercials... reading a recap of them, most I will go out of my way to never see as they just sounded like atrocities and millions of dollars being flushed down the toilet.

Yet I do not want to sound miserable about Sunday, and not just because I spent it at a theme park I haven't visited in a few months; while I was at Epcot and the Magic Kingdom, I came across some miserable people! There are always gigantic grumps at WDW but they went a step above. Epcot I saw some nice paintings due to the Festival of the Arts and at the Magic Kingdom, I walked around and something new was what I saw while eating dinner at Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe: the Happily Ever After show, where fireworks are set off as various images are projected on Cinderella Castle. The parks were popular yesterday, although it was that case last year. I did not even look up the score to the game until I was in the Epcot parking lot about to head home... this is as as a few times I overheard people give out the score.

Next Monday, who knows for certain how much I'll discuss or how many activities I'll be involved with.

No comments:

Post a Comment