Monday, August 6, 2018

Fast Food Kiosks, Blueberry Lambics & Mister Softee

The preceding week wasn't too terribly exciting, yet that is alright for me. Ever since the air conditioning was recently fixed after it being out for two days, there hasn't been much news to discuss. Last Monday I went to the AMC Theatres in Altamonte Springs to watch Mission: Impossible-Fallout for a second time, this time on an IMAX screen. The movie is still great, BTW. On the way back I ate at a Back Yard Burgers, which is a place which has only a drive-thru and a window where you order food that you can eat outside or bring back home. I was there a few months ago but now they have one of those fast food kiosks. I guess that's the wave of the future and I'll eventually have to use them at a number of places. If it results in less orders getting screwed up, then that'll be nice... but the dirty little secret that these are being used so these fast food places don't need to hire as many employees... that's not so great. At least the food at Back Yard Burgers is still good.

Tuesday and Wednesday I did nothing of note; Thursday I went to some locations in town, the main one being Target... as some miscellaneous items were picked up, I won't go into detail there. Friday and Sunday were boring days except for two moments, which I'll elaborate upon in a moment. Saturday I went to the Mall at Millenia area for the first time in awhile; traffic around there was even worse than I expected, so in the future I'll choose better times to visit Millenia. I first stopped to get some beverages from Total Wine & More, then I went to the mall to walk around for a bit and I also had dinner there at the food court. The place was largely the same as usual. Regrettably, also the same as usual was “buffoonery on the highways” as I drove there and back. It was mixed in with several vehicles driving WAY too fast, and I am still surprised I did not see any wrecks.

Sunday afternoon was something that has become a popular thing during the weekend in my neighborhood: the Mister Softee truck driving by. I could do without the truck playing the Mister Softee theme at what seems like 200 decibels, but I otherwise have no beef with them. As a kid, the Schwans truck would sometimes drive by and treats were usually purchased there. In the evening I had a blueberry lambic; that is usually not a style I drink as it's meant to be sour... however that was good for what it was. It was Touch of Blue, from Wisconsin's Sprecher brewery; they also make very good gourmet sodas. Between the name and the label design, they are trying to appeal to Grateful Dead fans, so if you are a Deadhead... 

When I return a week from today, I am pretty certain I'll have more to discuss.

No comments:

Post a Comment