Monday, June 25, 2018

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, Which Wich & Ouroboros

The preceding week has been so unexciting (for the most part) that I'll bring up a term that has become popular online as of late... ouroboros is basically a fancy way of saying “a snake eating its own tail.” There may be a new fact you learned today... but yes, I really only had two interesting days. Monday and Tuesday I relaxed as I knew I would have to be out on Wednesday, and I was. I had to go to the airport again, this time to pick someone up. If you think that is over for me, when I return a week from today I'll have to talk about ANOTHER airport trip I am making, that one another long one. Anyhow, before making it to the Sanford Airport, I stopped at Total Wine & More to make a cheap purchase then I ate at a Which Wich, a joint I only rarely go to yet their sandwiches are fine. Now, let me take the time to mention... I haven't brought it up as of late but as it should go without saying, traffic in Florida is still horrid. Even around town I see people driving way too fast or otherwise acting like jackasses; it's worse when you are on the highways.

Thursday, I went and saw Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. As I've mentioned in the past, the first Jurassic Park I've loved ever since I saw it on the big screen as a 12 year old in the summer of 1993. The first two sequels were meh although I can't say they were bad. Jurassic World, I saw opening night and thought it was bad. Then again, that was a terrible day in general so months later I did watch it again... yes, still bad. Honestly, the main reason why I saw Fallen Kingdom was so I could give my opinions to someone I know who did love Jurassic World. Fallen Kingdom made me realize that perhaps I was too harsh on Jurassic World... Fallen Kingdom is a stinker. What a tremendously stupid film; it wasn't until I started watching it that I realized... why is the island that the first film and JW took place at... why did John Hammond choose an island that housed a long-dormant volcano? What sense does that make? It gets far dumber from there. If you thought the nephew characters were tremendously aggravating in JW (as I did), wait until you view two new characters who were awful for entirely different reasons. There's a cute little girl character who was far more tolerable, although there are big questions I have surrounding her. The two JW flicks remind me why I avoid most modern Hollywood blockbusters... they are just too darn dumb, and in cases like this, the movie was really boring.

Friday through now, the “highlight” was going to Redbox, so there is nothing to talk there. I was happy to stay in and watch things like LivePD; it was nice to avoid the poor drivers and not possibly have to deal with fools at random locations. When I return next Monday, I promise I'll have more to discuss.

No comments:

Post a Comment