Monday, June 18, 2018

Coca-Cola California Raspberry, Joysticks Arcade Bar & Who's On First?

This past week was another one where only a few days were interesting, but in this case they were quite interesting. Last Monday, I went somewhere in town to pick up a few items. Tuesday I did nothing until real late at night; I had to make another airport run. I dropped someone off at the airport in Sanford and on the way back I stopped at a Denny's for a late night meal; that went as expected. Wednesday I did nothing but Thursday I returned to Universal Studios CityWalk for dinner. I hadn't eaten at NBC Sports Grill & Brew in ages so I had my “almost always” of a burger & fries as I consumed a drink and watched TV. That led to some great comedy; some clowns came in and I soon realized they were so dumb... what an exercise it was in frustration to see them try to figure out what beer they wanted and I felt so bad for the bartender as she had to repeat things over and over again. It was like a bad Who's on First routine. Them attempting to order food wasn't much better.

Friday, I went to downtown Orlando and I went to a place that sounded pretty cool... and it was. A place called Joysticks Arcade Bar where you get to drink alcohol in a joint filled with 70's through 90's bric-a-brac and there's even small themed The Goonies & Star Wars rooms and there are vintage arcade machines from the 80's and 90's... heck yeah to that. Thankfully the place was as fun as I expected it to be. They had a DJ spinning tunes so as I placed my drink on the provided drink stands I could play Galaga or Rampage as tunes from the likes of Billy Ocean, New Order, the song that played during Kickboxer as Van Damme danced, and Eddie Murphy's Party all the Time were heard over the sound system. While there, an incredible moment happened. I was in the men's room... as an aside, the bathrooms are Pac-Man and Ms. Pac-Man themed. As I left, a woman came out of the ladies room and asked for toilet paper, as somehow the club did not have enough of that in there. I was then told to tear off enough to... well, I don't want to use the colorful slang she used, but after that comment was made, the girl then made the obvious (and correct) assumption that I would not know how much toilet paper was needed for a woman to wipe! Thankfully I apparently did tear off enough.

The weekend wasn't too terribly exciting, although on Saturday I went into my town as they had a special food truck event to celebrate Father's Day. It was larger than the city's usual food truck nights they have during the first Friday of each month. I had a tasty dinner so it was a wise decision to head out that way. Before I close this out and mention I'll be back next Monday with some adventures I know I'll be discussing, I did recently have Coca-Cola's limited edition California Raspberry flavor. I don't know how raspberries from California are different but at least it does taste pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment