Monday, June 11, 2018

Hotel Artemis, Kettle Corn Oreos, Walmart Imbecility & Hereditary

I had another up and down week. Monday and Tuesday I did nothing, which was hunky-dory with me. Thus, I'll mention now that recently I got the last limited edition Oreos flavor out now, which was Kettle Corn. A bizarre idea for a flavor although it does taste like it should. Wednesday, it did not turn out too well; to think that a simple trip to Walmart would result in such aggravation, but I had to deal with horrendous traffic and buffoons inside the Walmart itself. I know, that doesn't sound too surprising... but note that I thought the person checking me out was so stupid they could not even do the simple act of putting 100 dollars on a Walmart gift card that hadn't been used yet. As I explain a few weeks ago, I use those gift cards both for in-store and to once in awhile purchase gas from the Murphy USA gas stations. Thus, the card was never paid for and instead I only paid for the few grocery items I had. I did blame this person for not being good at their job but a few days later I was proven wrong...

Late Thursday night, I went somewhere to watch Hotel Artemis. I don't know if I ever saw a trailer for it beforehand; the premise made it sound like the Continental Hotel from the John Wick movies so I presumed it would be like that. Again, I was proven wrong. It was more drama than action yet me not liking the movie was because the great cast was wasted and the story was a whole lot of nothing & pointless. Friday and Saturday I relaxed as Sunday I would be at the Barnstorm Theater, a place I was at last fall. It is in The Villages and the place is shaped like a barn. I went and saw Hereditary, a horror film that had a lot of buzz.

That movie is one which many in the mainstream has rejected as it's not conventional. I'll say it's good although not great like many movie fans have. The movie is too long and you have to follow around a miserable, dysfunctional family for over 2 hours. There's a plot point or two I definitely could criticize but I don't want to give out any spoilers. I then had dinner at a nearby Five Guys before I headed home. I happened to drive by a Walmart on the journey so I stopped there for Attempt 2 at the gift card. Turns out, the issue was with Walmart itself and them being incompetent... I know, not a shock, right? Thankfully I did not get mad and yell at the person who checked me out on Wednesday. I felt bad as this held up the line for a bit and I imagine the people waiting were not happy with the delay... at least it was finally resolved.

When I return a week from today, I only have an idea or two as to what I will be talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment