Monday, May 15, 2017

Tampa Bay Rays, Cask & Larder Working Man's Porter & Salt Crackers

This past week... it has shown me that the way people drive in Central Florida has never been worse. Bold words, yet true. I saw so many reckless drivers, the aftermath of multiple wrecks, one wreck affecting my journey to a destination... and this was just in the preceding 7 days; it's been just as bad for most of 2017 so far. It made me glad I did nothing at all on Saturday or Sunday.

Back to being chronological... Monday the 8th I went and got a haircut; I am glad the Sportclips in town is still open, considering it's rarely crowded there. A little later, I had dinner at the local Bob Evans with someone I know. The triple cheese burger is something I recommend. Tuesday I did nothing of note but Wednesday was different. I suddenly realized that due to various things on my schedule in the future (which I won't share as they are private things) if I didn't go and see the Tampa Bay Rays play on this date, I wouldn't have the opportunity to for maybe the next two months; henceforth, this is what I did. Before I made it to Tropicana Field, I ended up in Clearwater Beach for a bit. I walked around a pier for a bit then I ate at a cool restaurant known as Salt Cracker Fish Camp. I say that there are plenty of salt crackers in Florida! Regrettably, I had to deal with some of those at the game...

I had decent seats at the game (sadly it was sparsely attended, even for a Rays game; the attendance was less than 10,000 and I do feel bad for the team. I say that Tropicana Field is not THAT bad) and Tampa Bay beat the tar out of the Kansas City Royals by a score of 12-1, but the rest of section 130 let me down. You see, some drunken buffoons showed up (2 big meatheads who didn't exactly look like Chris Evans but they were hanging out with three women) and aside from being loud ogres, too often they would use foul language. If they would have been in front of me, alerting security by texting or finding one would have been done. As they were behind me... how security would have handled those clowns and if realized what I had done... I know that “violence” would have been their answer-that explains why I did not go up to them and tell them exactly what I thought of them being A-holes- and hell, I was at the game by myself. I am disappointed that no one else in the section complained about those ogres, as there were children around. Sigh... those people were definitely salt crackers.

Anyhow, Thursday was a day for me to relax. Friday I had to go to Orlando to take care of something-it was minor-then I headed to Disney Springs. The way people drove on this day was especially bad. I had to partially take another way there to avoid a traffic jam; at least I was able to fill my nearly empty gas tank during all that. At Disney Springs I had some Blaze Pizza then I ate at a new place known as The Polite Pig. I am not a big BBQ guy but they not only have a large bourbon selection, but also a selection of mainly local craft beers; that was right up my alley. I had the Cask & Larder Working Man's Porter and that was very good. Cask & Larder is a brewery in an Orlando suburb.

This weekend I relaxed and after all the chaos on the road, I was happy to do not a thing. Unfortunately, in the past week a pair of local Florida wrestlers passed away. One was middle-aged and the other was only 29; the latter is especially sad due to his age and how he suffered several heart attacks. RIP to both.

When I return a week from today, hopefully things will be less chaotic all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment