Monday, May 8, 2017

Long Cubs Games, Guardians Of The Galaxy & Mountain Dew S.A.

Here is what I've done since last Monday. That day and Tuesday were both quite dull, which was fine by me. Wednesday was more exciting: I returned to Walt Disney World, Epcot in particular. I enjoyed more of the Flower & Garden Festival, even though that day featured pretty hot weather; I know many won't have sympathy for me there. At least I got some exercise and ate some tasty food. Thursday was more interesting. I had to be in Orlando for something, but after that I went to the AMC at the Altamonte Mall (as it was the most convenient location for me to end up at) so I could see a double feature in 3D of the first Guardians of the Galaxy then its sequel, back to back.

Believe it or not I had not seen the first Guardians before; in general I just don't watch comic book movies. I've only seen a few of the many that have come out in the past 10 years; they aren't for me. However, I can say that the original Guardians film was pretty entertaining. I am glad I finally saw it. The sequel wasn't as good but I can say it's fine. I just wish that some of the humor would have been better. The crowd there seemed to love it so it'll still make an obscene amount of money no matter my opinion of it. Friday, it was the return of food trucks to the downtown area of where I live. It's nice as there's always a variety of different trucks there each time so I can order different items whenever I partake the first Friday of each month.

Otherwise, this was a pretty quiet week for me. I did nothing during the weekend, but considering that as of late I was almost sideswiped while driving and I had to blast my horn before I was backed into by some dope in a parking lot, staying in may have been for the best. I will mention two things before signing off. I heard online about a limited edition Mountain Dew flavor known as S.A. I thought the name was odd, then I realized that it was Mountain Dew S.A.... it's a bad pun as the drink combines Code Red, White Out, and Voltage, which is blue in color. While the taste is awkward, it's still drinkable. By the way, I saw someone online claim that the drink contains stevia. Looking at its label and what ingredients it has, this person is sadly mistaken. Anyhow, last night, I did see parts of the Cubs game against the Yankees. The Cubs lost... in 18 innings. A game that long is pretty rare. And to think that game (at Wrigley Field) had a few people I knew-independent of one another-in attendance.


When I return a week from today, I should have more to talk about.

No comments:

Post a Comment