Monday, May 22, 2017

Cloud Computing, Rural King, VIA|Port & Alien: Covenant

Here is a recap of what I've done in the past week. It was a dull week with some interesting moments. Monday the 15th, I had a nice day. I've known for months now that a PDQ restaurant would be opening right in the city I live in, and this happened early this month. I've talked about that quick-service place a number of times before, as I say this mainly-chicken joint has great food. They were doing great business when I was there and I enjoyed my combo of chicken tenders/fries/beverage. After that I went to a place I hadn't been to in over a year and a half: Leesburg, a city a little bit north of me. I ended up at the small VIA|Port Florida Mall, a place that still doesn't do good business and has many vacant lots. It is unfortunate. They do have a fancy-looking bar/bowling alley/arcade that I'll have to spend time in the next time I am up that way, which won't be another year and a half. After that I drove to Rural King, a name that says it all. As I've stated before, it's the type of place that sells NRA shirts, as they literally do sell NRA shirts. It's like Farm & Fleet for those reading this that live in the northern part of Illinois or the southern part of Wisconsin. I got some random food & drink while I was there.

Tuesday, I did nothing but Wednesday, I was out & about and got fast food for me and someone I know. Thursday, I drove to the northern part of Lakeland to their Cinemark movie theatre to see a film. I was hoping that traveling on mainly rural roads would mean I did not have to deal with piss-poor traffic... I was mistaken. But instead of hearing me gripe about that, let's talk about me going there because it was the debut of Alien: Covenant on a giant screen. That was a good idea as with Prometheus, the movie looks and sounds great. As for the franchise, Alien and Aliens are amazing, Alien 3 is fine, Resurrection isn't too good, the two AvP travesties are pretty awful and Prometheus is more like ProMEHtheus because the idea of the movie and its themes are great... but it's really stupid. Covenant is something I enjoyed better, even if it still has some dumb moments and it's not as ambitious as Prometheus. That and Prometheus has divided film fans; I have seen all sorts of opinions about both. As is, not a lot interests me in terms of movies this summer (then again that is typically the case with me) so I doubt I'll be at the cineplex that often. I do know that I'll see War of the Planet of the Apes, as Rise was pretty good and Dawn was great.

Friday I did nothing, and the same goes for Sunday. Saturday, I saw the big horse race and was amused that Cloud Computing won. I am a nerd so I know what cloud computing is. I also went to a Walmart I only frequent once in a blue moon so I could pick up a few random items. The only other thing I'll mention is that we finally got some rain in the past week. That is noteworthy as there hasn't been too much of that in 2017 so far; the area has only gotten about 25% of the rain 

When I return on Memorial Day, I do know I'll have one very eventful day in this coming week.

No comments:

Post a Comment