Monday, February 6, 2017

The Superb Owl, Poor Commercials & The Bowling Green Massacre

I don't want to get political here; I was just amused by the whole controversy revolving around The Bowling Green Massacre. I could always use a laugh; I'll only be vague here but in the past month or two there's been bad things happening to too many people I know, from a veteran local pro wrestler just recently passing away out of nowhere, to other tragic deaths and someone fighting a serious illness... it's all very sad, so laughs are needed.

On a lighter note, the past week for me was decent. Monday I did not do anything but Tuesday I went to the Florida Mall for the first time in a long while. They are now remodeling the mall so some sections have the floor torn up but I was OK with that. The newest areas look pretty nice so I won't complain. I ate dinner there and had some tasty treats also. Wednesday I did nothing but Thursday I went to my local bank and later got food from Arby's; I mentioned last year how they opened a franchise a few miles from where I live. Considering that the two times I have gotten food from there my order was screwed up both times (albeit mildly and I was still able to eat it. The fact that they can't get a simple order right...) does not make me want to go there too often.

Friday, I had to go to Orlando to do something. After I finished with that, I had the option of going to a few different places. Due to how traffic on Interstate 4 was even worse than usual for that time of day, I ended up on International Drive, the I-Drive 360 shopping area in particular. The last time I was there the giant Ferris wheel was known as the Orlando Eye rather than the Coca-Cola Orlando Eye. I ate at a place new to me known as Cowgirls Rockbar; the theme is obvious. After the fact I saw that some people online had bad experiences there. Me, I say that while at times it was way too loud in there, otherwise I can't really complain with the food or service. Then again, when I was there I was one of only a few customers. After that I went to the nearby Twin Peaks for a quick drink; the place was the same as my last time there a couple of months ago.

Saturday I did nothing so let me talk about Sunday. I decided to stay at home to watch the Super Bowl, or as some people call it, “The Superb Owl”. To me it would have been more interesting seeing Atlanta win it for the first time rather than the New England Patriots win it again (nevermind all the controversy surrounding New England)... for awhile I thought my hopes would be fulfilled, until the Falcons choked in the second half and New England came back and for the first time in the Super Bowl's history, the game went into overtime, where they won. I can't get too mad about it... the winning quarterback's mom has been ill with cancer for like a year and a half now, and that is pretty terrible. As I've said for at least the past few years now, the SB ads have seemingly gotten worse and worse... my theory has not changed after the ones last night. I thought that many of them were just dumb and not interesting in the least. The halftime show, I loathe Lady Gaga as a person as her whole “bold” act is incredibly eye-rolling and lame; even with all that, I have no complaints about the halftime show.

When I return a week from today, I do have some ideas in mind for what I'll be doing in the upcoming week.

No comments:

Post a Comment